GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How To Migrate Get Simple To Ne Domain And New Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How To Migrate Get Simple To New Domain And New Host really Confused i am Going To Move From Shared host to personal hosting and free domain to paid domain can anyone help me need help in migrating get simple....pls help urgent pls...............

I Read The Wiki Portion But Did Not Understand A Thing .....
The wiki is a bit difficult to navigate atm, sorry, but presume you found the page http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:migrating .

The procedure should not be difficult
  1. Do a clean install of GS on the new server
  2. Copy the folders Data, Plugins and Theme from the old location, overwriting the folders of the clean install
  3. Change the Site URL in Settings in Admin
  4. Find and mend broken links (eg to images)
Let us know where you get stuck.
Step between 1 and 2:

open all files from data directory in an editor and update the URls in these files using search - replace... (old URL => NEW URL)

upload these files to your new destination
(2013-03-28, 04:17:45)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]Step between 1 and 2:

open all files from data directory in an editor and update the URls in these files using search - replace... (old URL => NEW URL)

upload these files to your new destination

Words of Wisdom

Thanks
Thanks For The Info and Thanks for helping....

Is It necessary to do the things u said (connie)
if you develop on host #1 and want to migrate to host #2 all URLs of images etc. are complete and not relative URLs, so they will point to the old host / domain/ local environment

that is why you have to change all URLs and that is done best with a global search and replace