GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Coa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coa 1.8 is available now

Beside the following changes Coa is now on GitHub and got a new improved manual.

GitHub: https://github.com/plueplue/coa
Manual: http://coa.plue.me
Download: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/coa/375/

* New attribute "class" for text object
* Links in menus have classes now
* Consistent image order (Image Tags)
* Storing cache files in "data/other/coa"
* Solved a lot of PHP notices
* Improved placing files

Feedback welcome as always!

- Plue
Hi!
I love the possibility to add additional content fields... but actually it's restricted to 3 additional onesm right? Because I would need two more at least... I already added some lines in the php-scripts (everywhere I found add-content-# and similiar things), but I sill don't get the "add more content" button on the dit page after adding the 3rd content... could you tell me where this is handled? Thanks!! Smile
(2013-04-29, 21:40:59)Kida Wrote: [ -> ]I already added some lines in the php-scripts (everywhere I found add-content-# and similiar things), but I sill don't get the "add more content" button on the dit page after adding the 3rd content...

Hi Kida,
thanks for your feedback! Yes, it is restricted to 3 editors.
I'll give you a quick list of the important pieces of code in CoaPlugin.php and hope it helps you to make it work:

• line 288: change "$i<4"
  • line 318: add your extra editors after "$addEditor3 ... "
  • line 325: change the "<3"
  • line 329: change "$i<=3"
  • the condition between line 339 and 346 needs to be extended
  • line 365: change "$num<4"

- Plue
  • Bugfix lightbox (IE only)
  • New class for content wrap (if there's additional content)
  • Updated CRACK CSS
Download Coa 1.8.1
  • Moved scripts to footer template
  • Added local jQuery fallback
  • Fixed missing link type in additional content editors
  • Improved JavaScript for additional content editors
  • Updated jQuery and crack.css

Download Coa 1.9
Hello.

I'm sorry, but COA script is completely new to me and I don't quite understand the explanations.

Is there a full example document any where we can see? And / or a good resource for learning COA script? I would really like to use your plug in.

Thank you.

Richard
  • New: Translatable additional content
  • Simplified usage of multiple page templates
  • Fixed lost custom editor toolbars
  • Moved Coa settings to Settings page
  • Fixed XML error in CoaSettings.xml
  • New: Attribute to exclude base tag
  • Optimized lightbox

Download Coa 1.10
Hello Richard,

sorry for the late reply, seems that I didn't get the notification mail.

You can find the full documentation at coa.plue.me and when you download the plugin, there is a working theme included.

I also attached you a simple example template that you can see how CoaScript works.

If you need further help to get started, you are welcome to contact me anytime!

All the best,
Benjamin

(2013-09-13, 16:59:49)belotte Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I'm sorry, but COA script is completely new to me and I don't quite understand the explanations.

Is there a full example document any where we can see? And / or a good resource for learning COA script? I would really like to use your plug in.

Thank you.

Richard
Hi Plue

Absolutely dream to work with your framework!

Small hitch though, for me...

When I add a new page, I get two consistent errors:

Notice: Undefined index: allTrue in ...... plugins\CoaPlugin\inc\constant_objects.php on line 29
Notice: Undefined index: allTrue in ...... plugins\CoaPlugin\inc\template.php on line 29

Seems to relate to:
<code>// make config object array
if ($OA['allTrue'] == 1 && $OA['type'] == 'config') {</code>

I just know it's something very simple I'm not doing , that I should / doing that I shouldn't.

Please be so kind as to point me in the right direction.
Thanks.
Hi,

Great that you enjoy working with Coa and thanks for the error report!

I think you are doing everything right! These two notices shouldn't cause any real problems, aren't they?

I'm going to fix this in the next update – probably it will be enough to extend this condition like so:
if (isset($OA['allTrue']) && $OA['allTrue'] == 1 && $OA['type'] == 'config') {

You are welcome! And I hope you can make use of this answer.

Best,
Benjamin

(2013-10-07, 05:29:09)R2D2ZA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Plue

Notice: Undefined index: allTrue in ...... plugins\CoaPlugin\inc\constant_objects.php on line 29
Notice: Undefined index: allTrue in ...... plugins\CoaPlugin\inc\template.php on line 29

Seems to relate to:

I just know it's something very simple I'm not doing , that I should / doing that I shouldn't.

Thanks.
Couldn't log in with the same credentials... R2D2ZA here

Half of it fixed - Thanks, Benjamin!

It's the "only = index, about-us" that is still a problem, I think.

1) There doesn't seem to be a way to add the attribute.
2) It doesn't seem to fit into any of "main/meta/css/script/text/place, as a constant object

(2013-10-07, 18:14:34)plue Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Great that you enjoy working with Coa and thanks for the error report!

I think you are doing everything right! These two notices shouldn't cause any real problems, aren't they?

I'm going to fix this in the next update – probably it will be enough to extend this condition like so:

You are welcome! And I hope you can make use of this answer.

Best,
Benjamin

(2013-10-07, 05:29:09)R2D2ZA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Plue

Seems to relate to:

Thanks.
To get rid of the PHP Notice, we need the same solution again: Adding the isset() check, here on line 29 the same way it is there.

Do you mean the attribute "only" isn't doing anything in your template? If yes, to which object did you apply it? Then I try to reproduce it.

(It's ok that it doesn't fit into "main/meta/css/...", because only objects have to)

(2013-10-09, 01:01:11)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]It's the "only = index, about-us" that is still a problem, I think.

2) It doesn't seem to fit into any of "main/meta/css/script/text/place, as a constant object
Hey Benjamin - you ROCK!!

What I have, as follows, makes me a happy camper: (line 65 was the breakthrough)

in CoaPlugin/inc/constant.objects.php.....on line 29

in CoaPlugin/inc/template.php.....on both line 29 and line 65
if (isset($OA['allTrue']) && $OA['allTrue'] == 1) {

in CoaTheme/coa/constant.coa.php
meta
headerGS=none
viewport = width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0
robots = index, follow
description = new-page description
keywords = new-page meta keywords
only = new-page

...which renders: (quoted verbatim from page source)

<link rel="stylesheet" href="theme/CoaTheme/css/crack.css">
<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<!--[if IE]><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"><![endif]-->
<title>New Page &rarr; My Site Name</title>
<base href="https://localhost/cccc/">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow">
<meta name="description" content="new-page description">
<meta name="keywords" content="new-page meta keywords">
<link rel="canonical" href="https://localhost/cccc/new-page.html">
<!--[if lt IE 9]><script src="theme/CoaTheme/js/respondjs+html5shiv.js"></script><![endif]-->
</head>

A bit odd that the stylesheet is right at the top, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Again, thanks a million for a brilliant framework!

(2013-10-09, 02:48:21)plue Wrote: [ -> ]To get rid of the PHP Notice, we need the same solution again: Adding the isset() check, here on line 29 the same way it is there.

Do you mean the attribute "only" isn't doing anything in your template? If yes, to which object did you apply it? Then I try to reproduce it.

(It's ok that it doesn't fit into "main/meta/css/...", because only objects have to)

(2013-10-09, 01:01:11)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]It's the "only = index, about-us" that is still a problem, I think.

Hey!

Thanks, I really appreciate that you enjoy Coa!

The stylesheet at the top is definitly a bug and I'm gonna fix it as soon as possible.

For now you could workaround the problem with using the Page Options for the meta description and keywords, then you only need:

meta

(the robots tag isn't needed anymore, since search engines are doing the same thing without it)

(2013-10-09, 09:23:49)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]in CoaTheme/coa/constant.coa.php
meta
headerGS=none
robots = index, follow
description = new-page description
keywords = new-page meta keywords
only = new-page

...which renders: (quoted verbatim from page source)

<!doctype html>

A bit odd that the stylesheet is right at the top, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Again, thanks a million for a brilliant framework!
Thanks, Benjamin!

I'm not clear about the workaround in Page Options. Can you be more specific, please?

The only reason I specified the robots tag is to make sure it would be possible to "noindex, nofollow" specific pages (I would have a few of those).

(2013-10-09, 18:12:13)plue Wrote: [ -> ]Hey!

Thanks, I really appreciate that you enjoy Coa!

The stylesheet at the top is definitly a bug and I'm gonna fix it as soon as possible.

For now you could workaround the problem with using the Page Options for the meta description and keywords, then you only need:

meta

(the robots tag isn't needed anymore, since search engines are doing the same thing without it)
I didn't know, in that case my workaround isn't an option. I hope to update soon, then your way will work perfectly ;)

(2013-10-09, 18:29:57)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not clear about the workaround in Page Options. Can you be more specific, please?

The only reason I specified the robots tag is to make sure it would be possible to "noindex, nofollow" specific pages (I would have a few of those).
Hey Trooper,

I tried to reproduce the error, but my stylesheet never appeared at the top. Would you mind attaching your constants template, so I can have a look at it? Thanks in advance!

(2013-10-09, 09:23:49)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]...which renders: (quoted verbatim from page source)

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
Will do. Need to check my archive Wink

Another query coming up under separate cover - posting it now

(2013-10-11, 00:36:17)plue Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Trooper,

I tried to reproduce the error, but my stylesheet never appeared at the top. Would you mind attaching your constants template, so I can have a look at it? Thanks in advance!

(2013-10-09, 09:23:49)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]...which renders: (quoted verbatim from page source)

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
Hi Benjamin,

My query relates to (a,b) and Issue (4) listed below.

An app I'm developing has its files in /my-app-directory.

With Coa structure and pretty URLs I've experienced it's a little more complicated than WordPress' subdirectory setup which gives me home page at http://localhost/ whilst files are in /my-site-directory.

a) What would the equivalent of Wordpress' ('./my-site-directory/wp-blog-header.php'); be in Coa, please?
b) How would I need to adapt Coa's index.php once I've copied it to root, please? IF it's the correct method, that is.

Some issues:

1) I need the transition from website to my application to be "seamless"
2) To achieve (1) I want the app to not be directly accessible in browsers, but only through a link via the website
3) To achieve (2), I might need special .htaccess deny rules in addition to my current anchor link...not sure
4) The Coa .htaccess I've tried to date either strips the sitename completely http://new-page.html/, and I'm left with http://localhost/\/ or this http://localhost/\/new-page.html

If both GS and my app are installed in their own subdirectories it works perfectly fine currently but site access is then limited to http://localhost/my-site-directory/%slug%.html

The permutations I've tried have been frustrating me. (regex is truly an art!)

I need an end result of:

http://localhost/ as home URL and various pages to render as
http://localhost/%slug%.html
http://localhost/my-app-directory/

Please assist. Greatly appreciated, thanks Smile
AHA! Found it!

It's not an error - it's a position-sensitive issue:

## Constant Template

config
bodyTag = basic
#cache = 1
#protMail = 2

css
all = css/crack.css

main
title = $title &rarr; $siteName

meta
headerGS=none
robots = index, follow
description = index description
keywords = index meta keywords
only = index

If the lines "css" and "all = css/crack.css" are placed down at the bottom with the js scripts, it should work same as yours.

Am I right, or am I right? Big Grin

(2013-10-11, 00:36:17)plue Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Trooper,

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
Yes, you're right – great!

(2013-10-13, 08:43:21)Trooper Wrote: [ -> ]AHA! Found it!

It's not an error - it's a position-sensitive issue:
Coa 1.11 is available for download

It's currently not possible to update it in the repository,
but you can find the new release attached to this post or on GitHub.

Most important changes
- New menu option "tree" and "extended"
- New translation uri for flexible url rewrite
- Bugfix in language detection
- HTML Cache is now deprecated
- See change log for more

Feedback welcome as always!
Hey there!
im getting started with Coa, finding it to be pretty smooth, but a few things aren't very clear to me, and i cant find good reference in the docs..

for example, if i want to use the page object "get" to bring up a sidebar, or a specific menu for an images page template i made, how do i go about this? where should i make a "sidebar" component?
im able to use "page: page_slug" like in the example, but what if i want a piece of html from the theme?
i hope im getting at this the right way.

thanks for any help!
cheers
hi qubenpete,

when you use the page object with "get = sidebar", Coa will look for a GetSimple component with the name "sidebar". that means you have to create it in the backend under the theme tab before.

if you want a custom piece of html (or php), you'd go best with the "place" object, e.g.:

Code:
place
  file = includes/custom_code.html

i hope that helps you!
feel free to ask again if i missed your point ;)

cheers!
plue
HI!

Thanks so much, looks like i just didnt see that component in the backend.. [does Coa allow me to add more "components"? ]

if you dont mind, another question, actually this one seems to be a getsimple thing - is it possible to add section titles in the menu?
right now i am using an empty page for its title, but thats not really what im looking for since its clickable..

gday
q
Pages: 1 2