GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: eCommerce / Blog Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Haven't been around in a long time, things have changed etc and i don't really have a clue about php/html etc anymore. Sure I will pick it up again though.

I am looking for some help, I'm making a website, it will sort of be an ecommerce site. I have done a quick mock up of how It should look, basics, (layout) and would love some help on what I would need to do it.

[Image: anc513.jpg]

[Image: 2uidu1l.jpg]
What I would like to do is the following:
- Be able to add new products (where the black squares are). There will be 4 on a row, maybe 3 depending on size, and around 4 rows. (Pagination after that).
- I would like to add these entries to a category, for people to easily view. (So i'm guessing i need some kind of blog plugin)
- The squares will be filled with a picture. Then underneath a RRP: Our Price: then Buy Now button. The buy now button will then link elsewhere.

(I will take this fully eCommerce when I have more time and money etc).

Would this be possible? I will get a layout together, just would like some help on what plugin would be suitable to add the needed info.

Thanks
(2013-04-26, 10:29:43)oToom Wrote: [ -> ]What I would like to do is the following:
- Be able to add new products (where the black squares are). There will be 4 on a row, maybe 3 depending on size, and around 4 rows. (Pagination after that).
- I would like to add these entries to a category, for people to easily view. (So i'm guessing i need some kind of blog plugin)
- The squares will be filled with a picture. Then underneath a RRP: Our Price: then Buy Now button. The buy now button will then link elsewhere.

(I will take this fully eCommerce when I have more time and money etc).

Would this be possible? I will get a layout together, just would like some help on what plugin would be suitable to add the needed info.

If you don't have hundreds of products, you could use I18N Special Pages and I18N Search:
  • Use I18N Special Pages to add fields like product image and price to product pages and specify how to display these pages.
  • Add tags/keywords to these product pages for (multiple) categories.
  • Use I18N Search to search for products and create product list by category
  • Use I18N Search with custom rendering to create the product picture pages
For more information on the use of the plugins see mvlcek.bplaced.net.
[/list]