GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Page Not In Menu Appears In Menu After Edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go in to make a change to a page that is not currently displaying on the website's menu, the page always appears in the menu after I save my changes. Then I have to go back into the navigational structure and move the page back to not being on the menu.

Is there any way to stop this from happening every time I update a page?
What version ? Are you saying that the menu checkbox gets checked?
I don't know what version we're running, but I know it's not the latest version. No, the menu checkbox doesn't get checked. The page appears in the menu (to the far left, in the first position) and I have to go to the "Edit Navigation Structure" option in the "Pages" section to move the page underneath another so it is not visible. Everytime I make an edit to that page (or any other that isn't visible on the menu), it becomes visible.

Could this be an issue with the i18n plugin?
The page should not be in the menu if its menu option is not checked.

It sounds like something is wrong with your menu hierarchy, or your plugin.

But I am not entirely clear what you are experiencing, moving a page just makes it a child of that page, it will show on other menus of that parent.
Here's a screenshot to help illustrate what is happening.

[Image: pages-admin-ss.png]

Say, for instance, I'm editing the "Privacy Policy" page. Once I make my changes and save them, that page will appear in the menu on the website. I then have to come back to this page and fix it. Here, the "Privacy Policy" page would not be indented anymore - it'll be black (not gray) and all the way to left. Once I indent it, it won't appear on the menu anymore...until I edit the page again.

Does that make sense?
No clue, it looks like all your pages are a subpage of calendar.
Definitely ask i the plugins thread.
(2013-05-14, 01:13:57)zanetuck Wrote: [ -> ]Say, for instance, I'm editing the "Privacy Policy" page. Once I make my changes and save them, that page will appear in the menu on the website. I then have to come back to this page and fix it. Here, the "Privacy Policy" page would not be indented anymore - it'll be black (not gray) and all the way to left. Once I indent it, it won't appear on the menu anymore...until I edit the page again.

The I18N plugin does not allow you to specify a private page as parent, as this might create problems like exposing the URL of this private page (if you use fancy URLs %parent%/%slug%).
However, the navigation structure view allows it (which is a bug).

If you edit one of the child pages and show the options you will see that the page has no parent, as the private page does not exist in the dropdown. If you save the page, the parent is thus reset to none.

Make the parent page (Calendar) not private and everything should work.