GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Pound Sign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running a getsimple site. I am currently creating a prices page.

When I use the £ sign on the page it comes up as £. If I put use the HTML editor and put in £ it works until I come back and edit the page at which point the html tag is replaced with £ and I am back to the £ issue. Any ideas? I have tried using the en_GB language pack I am running GetSimple 3.2.1

Thanks

Michael
Michael,

if you use UTF-8 in your template the sign should be correct.

Check the character sets, codepages etc. I am sure there is a misconfiguration
If this isn't a template encoding problem, to disable entities in ckeditor's config.
Hi,

I think the template is fine, how can I check?

When you say disable entities in ckeditors config, how would I do this?

I have remote access to the server so hacking about files is no issue. I haven't really explored get-simple outside the web interface thou.

Thanks for your help!

Michael
http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/sy...#.entities
in
/admin/template/js/ckeditor/config.js
@michaelsage
What theme are you using? Custom-made?
If so, does this issue happen if you select Cardinal or Innovation?
Hi,

No it doesn't happen with the built in templates. The template I am using is called "the-blue". So perhaps there is something I need to do to the template, any pointers?

Thanks for all your help.
A quick glance at it and I could see no
<meta charset="utf-8">
which should be in the head section.

Open header.inc.php and write the line in with the other meta stuff between <head> and </head> and save. It doesn't matter exactly where. That might fix it.
Perfect. That's fixed it. Thanks for your help. Do you know what character set it defaults too? I would have thought utf-8 would have been the default.
(2013-06-26, 21:13:53)michaelsage Wrote: [ -> ]...I would have thought utf-8 would have been the default.

So would I. But there is a lot I don't understand.
It depends on the server, the server sends a default header, the meta tag overrides it.