GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: title tag/attribute - issue / SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELLO EVERYBODY ! Smile
currently the title attribute for the menu li element has the same string as the page title ... ( <?php get_page_title(); ?> )
this is very unwise and should be changed because of the function that the title attribute has in SEO.
plz comment on this issue .... maybe i missed some kind of solution ?

p/s getsimple rulz. Cool
Yeah cause its supposed to provide additional information about where the link goes.

What do you mean function of title attribute in SEO? It has no function for SEO , it is for users.
(2013-08-06, 05:09:54)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah cause its supposed to provide additional information about where the link goes.

What do you mean function of title attribute in SEO? It has no function for SEO , it is for users.

i'll just tell you the issue...
i'am using jquery tool-tip to display "additional information" about where the links go's. the information is pulled from the title attribute of the (a href).
that means that i cannot change it without changing the page title,

**actually i'm not sure if it's seo'wize to change the title to much but,
it is pretty ridicules that the menu item name is the same or almost the same as the tool-tip. because i want to give it a better description,

10x 4 fast reply shawn Smile - i hope u understood the issue at hand.

after reading this i'm not so sure about the seo part :
http://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-t...ctly/7687/
Well you can customize the menu text, so the link title in those cases would NOT be the same. It would be the title of the page you are linking to. Perhaps you can have short menu text and change the titles.

If you want custom tooltips you will have to build your own menu function in php, then you can use a custom field for popups.

I would just use jquery to add 'data-title' attributes to the links by name and have the tooltips use those, most do.

Youll notice the menu items have a li with a class of "slug".

You could do a custom thing for each menu item.

$(li.slugname a).attr('data-title','my custom title');
(2013-08-06, 10:10:18)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]I would just use jquery to add 'data-title' attributes to the links by name and have the tooltips use those, most do.

That's actually a pretty good idea Exclamation

just last question:
wouldn't "Mighty Google" be angry with both title and data-title coexisting together in one "a" tag ? Huh
No that what data attributes are for assuming you are html5