GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Changing Theme Banner/Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, I'm pretty new to websites and enjoying Get-Simple CMS - regards theme images - how do I change them please, is there a plug-in that will let me do it or do I need to go in and replace the default coding that came with the theme?

I've seen on other CMS's where you click say an "edit" feature to replace a banner image - is that possible with Get-Simple? (I try to stay away from too much actual coding related stuff, if possible) Huh

Thanks in advance.
If you really want to do no code editing just find the image (normally in the images folder) and replace it with your image with the same name.
(2013-08-15, 18:15:30)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]If you really want to do no code editing just find the image (normally in the images folder) and replace it with your image with the same name.

timbow - of course - awesome, Thank You - yes, even I should be able to achieve that Tongue

hold on tight everyone, it's gonna be a wild ride.... Big Grin
heh , you could probably use the custom fields plugin to control a special banner image that you put into your template.
We should have a newbie/beginner section in this forum. A lot of things are not at all obvious when you start out with a CMS, even if you are very competent with html. Good to provide a place where no question is a stupid question.
(2013-08-16, 07:23:12)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]We should have a newbie/beginner section in this forum. A lot of things are not at all obvious when you start out with a CMS, even if you are very competent with html. Good to provide a place where no question is a stupid question.

I'd 2nd, 3rd and 4th that suggestion - I reckon I could ask a mountain of dumb stuff compared to more experienced users!

But thanks to everyone for their replies and understanding! Much appreciated.