GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Pages and components not saving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

My installation of Get Simple has suddenly stopped saving edited pages and components. When I enabled debugging, I got the following messages:

"Warning: copy(/home/acwfws/public_html/backups/pages/acwf-publications-pending.bak.xml) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/changedata.php on line 131

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/home/acwfws/public_html/data/pages/acwf-publications-pending.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 273

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/home/acwfws/public_html/sitemap.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 273
Error: Headers already sent in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/changedata.php on line 131 If your browser does not redirect you, click here"

I'm afraid my php is too rusty for me to make much sense of this. Can anyone assist, please.

Thanks,
Gra
Sounds like you lost write permissions in your data folders or backup folders.
Check health check
Health check shows no problems and write permissions are ok, but I have just discovered my hosting company switched from Apache to Litespeed server without telling me around about the time this problem arose. Over the last 10 days all I have been able to get out of then is "The problem with the webpage coding that can't be parse by the server" and "Senior staff are looking into the matter". They now appear to be ignoring me, presumably hoping I'll go away. Do you think the server change could be causing this issue, and is there anything I can do from my end?
It clearly says permission denied, so you would think they would be a little more helpful with the issue.

can you create new pages ?
No I can't. I get these messages:
"Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/home/acwfws/public_html/data/pages/test3-39.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 273

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::asXML(/home/acwfws/public_html/sitemap.xml) [simplexmlelement.asxml]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 273

Notice: Undefined index: existing-url in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/changedata.php on line 196

Notice: Undefined index: existing-url in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/changedata.php on line 199
Error: Headers already sent in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 273 If your browser does not redirect you, click here"
Sounds like a write permission on the directories. Did you chmod the data dir to 755 or even try 777
It was 755 and I tried 777 just now, but no joy
Success! I set the permissions of all the xml files to 777 from 755 and can now save files. Only thing is most of the directories are 777 as well which doesn't do much for security, I suppose.

I will experiment with changing the directory permissions to see what I can get by with.

There are still error messages:
"Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 276

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 276
Error: Headers already sent in /home/acwfws/public_html/admin/inc/basic.php on line 276 If your browser does not redirect you, click here"

I will look into these and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help so far Shaun.
try 775
If I had to guess, they changed the "user" or owner the httpd server runs as.
You might have to chown everything to be able to use lower permissions.

But 777 is a good way to find out these issue, but yes always temporary, enver leave them at that.

The chmod error I am looking to fix in the next minor release. Chmod is probably prohibited via the php_ini disable_functions.
It works with 775 for the directories and 777 for the xml files. Do you think it's too risky to leave them at that?
(2013-09-04, 00:18:58)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]...
If I had to guess, they changed the "user" or owner the httpd server runs as.
You might have to chown everything to be able to use lower permissions.
Hi shawn_a!
I just meet the same problem during and after installation at my hoster.
On home server using Windows and PHP - everything was OK, so I tried to follow the procedure of moving my site to server at my hoster.
When I copied files via the FTP and tried to make a clean install - suddenly the install script gave me an error with CHMOD errors. It couldn't install some files, delete install.php, setup.php and so on.. And generally, could not rename the config file.. So, it's a long story... Changing CHMOD to 777 I installed the CMS... And finally I clear one thing - when I copied files via ftp, FTP-login account is the owner of the files, and when the files were made via web-interface - the owner is "www".. So I had to change chmod to 777 in order to make configuration settings and plugin settings.. It stores data but I have notice in web-interface that it could not save files.
Could you help me or point to where I can read about fixeing this? Read a lot of forum and finally found this theme.
Thanks in advance...