GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: styling of menu with CSS by adding classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI ALL,

I have a big request for support
is it possible to add additional classes into menu generated by
<?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?>

I need to add some classes into the code in order to style a little bit "menu".

example of what I would like to put inside of every <a> tag is class="icon icon-home"

here is a full line
<li><a class="icon icon-home" href="index.html"><span>O mnie</span></a></li>

by default GS is not providing the option to add classes in the easy way but without it I am not able to style menu the way I want to do it.

is possible for you please help me with it.
you are better off writing your own get nav function or using i18n plugins and a custom module as described on the plugins website
Menu items with icons? I was doing that last week. I did it with css and the existing slug class. I don't say it's the ideal solution but it works and is simple enough.

The code is in these two themes and there is a demo:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5093
(2013-08-28, 06:59:02)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]you are better off writing your own get nav function or using i18n plugins and a custom module as described on the plugins website

I second the request for an easy way to add style classes from external css files (e.g., in the uploads directory) on the client side (rather than having to dig into the css import provided by the theme)
Only for small page-local tweaks, of course, as orthogonal as possible to the aspects that are the terrain of themes. (As you imply, real style stuff conceptually belongs in the theme, and I agree)

An advantage is that one can keep such classes over theme switches.

A way for client side includes into the < head > section would already help (also for other things, such as including one's own javascript -legacy or otherwise-).