GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Reliability and site porting problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks,

I try to set up my first site with GetSimple and have problems with the stability or reliability.

I had several situations where I cannot edit some pages or settings anymore. When I try to edit an existing page and press "save" I get this message:

"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

When I create a new page I can edit that page without any problem. Also some pages are still editable without any problems.

I already re-installed GetSimple, but after some time the problem started again

I am really afraid to put this system into production as any change can break the site without warning. There is no error message at all, just this "Service temporary unavailable"

Another question:
I copied the whole installation from the web server to my local machine to test changes locally. On my local machine I cannot edit any page at all. When I click "save" all my editing is lost and the old page content is shown again, also with no error message.

I cannot create new pages on my local installation. When I hit "save" the new page the editor closes and the new page is not there; also without any message.

Enabling debugging mode doesn't help either.

I would really like to use this system for my normal website development, but these weired behaviour is still keeping me from using it.

Please help, as I have to deliver that site soon.
OK. The local editing problem was because of a wrong file owner.

But the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" on the "real" webserver still exists.
(2013-09-17, 15:02:13)tosho Wrote: [ -> ]But the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" on the "real" webserver still exists.

Provided that you are not intentionally generating pages with a 503 response in the header, I doubt that this is caused by GetSimple. It sounds like a hosting limitation. More details of the hosting might be useful.
Sounds like a security filter in browser or host.