GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Members Only Content - Admin to approve user - No auto register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to be able to let a user register and choose a user name, email and password just like Front-end User Log in, but I do not want the user to have automatic access upon registration. I want the admin of the site to be able to approve and remove users since the site is for a teacher's union, only paid members can have access to the member content.

Looking through the various plugins I'm not seeing this functionality. Is this something that can be added easily? I am not a programmer and would need instructions, or I would need to hire one to make this happen.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.
This was going to be implemented in the CUsers plugin (see here). Development there continues but I don't know how far it has got, I don't know if the latest version is in Extend either. Ask on the CUsers thread, or download the latest from github and see how it is going.
(2013-09-18, 22:58:28)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]This was going to be implemented in the CUsers plugin (see here). Development there continues but I don't know how far it has got, I don't know if the latest version is in Extend either. Ask on the CUsers thread, or download the latest from github and see how it is going.

I will install and test this plug in. It may work. I just don't want people who are not paid members to be able to create an account and get access automatically.

Thank you very much for your response. I had looked it over and thought it wouldn't work, but upon rereading, perhaps it will. It may put more work on the admin though so I will have to see what's it like to use it. Perhaps if I can do a bulk import of the members it would be easier for the client.

I won't really know till I install and test.
(2013-09-19, 10:16:09)sarnaiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-18, 22:58:28)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]This was going to be implemented in the CUsers plugin (see here). Development there continues but I don't know how far it has got, I don't know if the latest version is in Extend either. Ask on the CUsers thread, or download the latest from github and see how it is going.

I will install and test this plug in. It may work. I just don't want people who are not paid members to be able to create an account and get access automatically.

Thank you very much for your response. I had looked it over and thought it wouldn't work, but upon rereading, perhaps it will. It may put more work on the admin though so I will have to see what's it like to use it. Perhaps if I can do a bulk import of the members it would be easier for the client.

I won't really know till I install and test.

Neither CUsers or Front End Users would work the way I needed and I spent far too much time trying them. I ended up using a member login script I had purchased from www.phpjabbers.com and had customized by them for another job. It turned out to be a snap to install in GS and works exactly how I need it to. The user registers, the admin gets an email and logs in to confirm the member, the user gets a confirm email and then can access the web site member only pages. This way we can restrict the member only content to paid members. Simple and efficient!!
Yeah front end users is a nice plugin but it does not have a user activation capability. I imagine it could be added fairly easily with some programming however.

Glad you found a solution.