GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Error 404 whilw I upload images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I am uploading images, it shows me a weird message:
HTTP Error (408)

What is it?
weird! the pictures are small...
Anyway this error message appears in the upload section of GS
You didn't answer th question your post says upload and download , it contradicts itself .
Sorry, it was a mistake: it happens only when I try to UPLOAD files and images and at the moment my webserver has even changed error message (!): HTTP Error (406)

Usually I use IIS webserver but this one is a Apache.
I don't understand why it doesn't work :-(
Everything is "green" in the "Website Health Check" section.
Anywya, I hope these info can be useful:

1) GetSimple Version: 3.2.3 Latest version installed
2) PHP Version: 5.3.3-7+squeeze15
3) Apache web server: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o mod_fcgid/2.3.6 PHP/4.4.4-8+etch6
I don't know the reason why this Debian Web Server
shows me this kind of error message while I try to upload images,
but - for now - I resolved it in this simple way:

PHP Code:
# Use Uploadify to upload files?
define('GSNOUPLOADIFY'1); 
Check your host error logs , it's probably being blocked by a security thing or mod sec
Yes Mate. I think so too... but sadly we will never know the reason of this problem, because the host error logs is absolutely empty...
All in all, I found a small solution to by-pass the problem I hope it will be useful for other GetSimplers.
Thanks for your help anyway!
This issue occurs alot because there is a mod_sec rule to block flash uploads, because they are often used to bypass cross domain policies. I hope to remove uploadify entirely next minor release.

It is a known issue and already discussed in the forums i believe.
Bro, thanks for replying me.
As I said, usually I have IIS webserver and everything is okay with uploads. I don't mind if this Apache webserver doesn't allow me to use uploadify.. GS is great anyway!