GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Login not working in IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to log into the back end in Internet Explorer, the page just refreshes and I am presented with the login page again with no errors.

This is tested and working in Chrome and Firefox. I've tested this on several machines as well (it was a client that rang up on her machine saying she couldn't log in and I tested it on my machine).

There are no PHP errors or browser caching issues
(2013-09-24, 13:29:20)apowell Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to log into the back end in Internet Explorer, the page just refreshes and I am presented with the login page again with no errors.

This is tested and working in Chrome and Firefox. I've tested this on several machines as well (it was a client that rang up on her machine saying she couldn't log in and I tested it on my machine).

There are no PHP errors or browser caching issues

Which version of IE? I just tested it on 8 and I could login with no problem (also in compatiblity mode)
clear your cache
As I said before, it's not a browser caching issue
10.0.9200.16660 is the version of IE and compatibility mode doesn't work either
I tested this out on a brand new Windows installation that had never visited the site before and navigated directly to /admin and I have the same issue
Turn debugging on and look for errors, also check you data other logs error.log for php errors
I'm not sure how I can articulate this any clearer- but as I have said there are no PHP errors
You did not specify exactly what you tried. sooo.

What gs version ?

Things I know to check to narrow down login issues are.

Clear cache, twice if need be.
Check php errors on page ( probably wont be any because of the redirect )
Check error.log
Check host error log
Is this only on IE 10, check health check in another browser just to see if any issues.
Check javascript console for javascript errors.
I am also facing the same issues
Login in IE is not working. but works in every other browser.
Tried the steps you recommended but did not work

I have AVG installed ...is it messing up ?