GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Re-visit Mulit-User Page level permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am currently tendering for a website project where one factor is the need to give admin access to certain pages only. The admins will be distributed across multiple departments and each department will only be allowed to administer their area / pages.

I have been searching high and low for a solution on this forum and the best I can find is this thread in June last year when the answer was NO.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...multi-user

or this thread for the Multi-User plugin which where MIKEH had planned to implement this feature in his plugin in Feb 11.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=1889

I have posted a reply on that thread but no answer yet so I thought I'd ask here as well.

I have the latest Multi-User plugin installed (1.8) but I need to find if there is ANY way possible to have page level edit permissions on a multi-user basis.

Any help, plugin, ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I would also like to see this possibility. Even when there is only one 'Admin' and one 'Editor' account, it would be useful to be able to hide some pages from user Editor (there are usually pages that almost never change – custom 404, legal information, etc.).

@stryker: I saw your post on the other thread: what you see on the plugin page (no options under 'Custom permissions') is correct.
Hi hameau,
Thanks for you reply. I've seen this question pop up every now and then and I just would like to know if there is a definitive answer. I understand that this type of feature maybe in the "Too hard" basket as it could open up a can of words. It seemed that Mikeh had intentions to include it in his plugin way bay in Feb 2011 (according to the other thread) but for some reason (of which I'm sure is justified) it never was implemented.

Thanks for the confirmation about the "custom permissions". I was grasping for straws that I'm missing the options for selecting the pages that a user could edit Smile

Anyway, I hope someone can comment on this issue and if it is at all possible.
There is no reason one cannot use output buffering and the parse the entire page out in dom or Regex filters and remove anything they want from the back end.

Anything else would have to be written into core. Which is slightly planned for in features in svn.
Thanks Shawn, So I suppose that sometime in the future it may have this feature - hopefully it won't be too far away.

If there are any budding plugin developers out there that needs a challenge then there seems to be some demand for this feature Smile Smile