GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Can SImple CMS be used on existing website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I am very new to CMS can someone tell me please if I can use GetSimple CMS on an existing website that already has been designed. Do i need to create my own template or can i just add editable areas on the existing site?
many thanks
Welcome Ian.

GS does not allow you to select areas of an existing site and make them editable. I had a try with a program that does that called zimplit. It was quite good fun but a bit prone to conking out and failing to save. A sort of in-line html editor.

With GetSimple you would use your existing pages to make yourself a 'theme'. It isn't hard to do. You don't need to know any php but a bit of knowledge of html and css is handy. there is a sort of walk-through tutorial in the wiki.
(2013-10-09, 07:50:23)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome Ian.

GS does not allow you to select areas of an existing site and make them editable. I had a try with a program that does that called zimplit. It was quite good fun but a bit prone to conking out and failing to save. A sort of in-line html editor.

With GetSimple you would use your existing pages to make yourself a 'theme'. It isn't hard to do. You don't need to know any php but a bit of knowledge of html and css is handy. there is a sort of walk-through tutorial in the wiki.

Thanks for the speedy reply :-)