GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Multi column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering. Is there any multi-column support? Or does this CMS only support a menu and a page with content?
(2013-10-29, 07:53:22)Ferb Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering. Is there any multi-column support? Or does this CMS only support a menu and a page with content?
You can have as many as you want, columns, footers, asides, however you like. A fresh install of GetSimple only has a main content area and a sidebar (and a menu separately) already set up for you but you can set up as many secondary content blocks as you wish. There are several ways of doing it.
Nice! Really looking forward to get bussy with this CMS. Looks very 'simple'.

Is there a section where i can learn about how to set up more columns? Can you mention some pluggins to start with (if needed)
Welcome Ferb. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

To make a page layout with columns is done with html in the theme template using any method you want, so floats, css grid, table, html5 columns, and more are all possible. If you don't want to write it yourself you will need a suitable theme from Extend.

If you want to make those columns independently editable through the cms you use a 'component' or you make each one a page within a page, or you use a plugin to insert it.

Let us know more exactly what you want to do and I am sure you will get help.
Thanks!

My first set up would be a nav bar and 2 collumns. Left column with something like news and other 'items', right column with separate items like: a video, newsletter signup, gallery or something.

So different content gathered from the back-end. Some parts.items should be shown in different parts of the site as well...

I will try to create a template following the wiki i found on the page. Perhaps some questions i have will be solved by hands on experience.