GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Passwording pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place, firstly!

I've recently starting working with GetSimple and I'm very much liking it so far. As a designer who's comfortable with front-end development but not with back-end stuff, it's a dream to use. However, I do have one question...!

A prospective job I've got coming up is for a photographer. He wants to be able to make password protected pages for clients to log into to see work. I've found the Protected Content plugin, which seems to be a nice way of implementing password protection on pages, but it appears this will only allow me to password protect one page at a time. Is there a way around this? Unsurprisingly, installing multiple instances of the plugin make GetSimple very unhappy indeed!

I looked into Multi User but it didn't seem to be quite what I was looking for, as it's more focused on allowing users to access the back-end rather than what I need, which is controlled access to the front end on a one-page, one-user basis.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
"Front end user" plugin might be what you are looking for.
Possibly "cusers" as well
I'm currently fiddling with Front End User, but it's still presenting a bit of a problem in that while I can create multiple accounts (which is good) I can't define pages to only be viewable by a specific account which is really what I'm looking to do. Currently, if I have a passworded page in Front End User, any of the accounts can log in and see the page. Obviously, this is the plugin's expected behaviour, but it's not quite doing what I need..! The only option it would leave me (using that plugin) would be to have one global 'clients' account and then a series of URLs for each client, handed out by the administrator. This would get round the problem, but it's not ideal.

The kind of functionality I'm looking for is akin to what Wordpress allows — you can make a page, define it as 'password protected' and then define the user/password details for it, allowing for multiple pages that each have a unique user/password login.