GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: CSS in components
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I feel that I am missing something quite simple. On the site that I have been developing I have used
Code:
<ul><?php get_navigation(return_page_slug()); ?></ul>

to add the navigation in to the component on the left hand side and removed the navigation from the header however, my issues is that since I have done this the navigation in the component does not seem to use the template CSS. If anyone can shed some light on the reason why so that I may better understand would be greatly appreciated.
I know of no reason why you can't put the nav in a component if you want. It sounds like a problem of normal css selection and specificity. Is it a standard theme? or do you have a url?
(2013-11-04, 18:46:13)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]I know of no reason why you can't put the nav in a component if you want. It sounds like a problem of normal css selection and specificity. Is it a standard theme? or do you have a url?

Im building my site around GSkeleton, as I am customizing the whole website but did not want to have to start from scratch. The navigation itself displays and works correctly but does not apply any of the CSS and I am not sure why.
'Inspect Element' in FF or Chrome - Does it indicate that the nav styles are recognised?

If I could see the code I might be able to help. There is no left hand Component in GSkeleton so I don't understand.
(2013-11-04, 19:46:03)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]'Inspect Element' in FF or Chrome - Does it indicate that the nav styles are recognised?

If I could see the code I might be able to help. There is no left hand Component in GSkeleton so I don't understand.

I haven't got the source code with me at the moment however I can say that I modified the template to put the component on the left hand side however. The component did not display the CSS even before I moved it.

I will post the source as soon as I have the chance.
Always keen to know if there are errors in a theme or it can be made better.

Let us know.