GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Which gallery plugin allows custom templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hoping to get suggestions on which of the gallery plugins would best suit my needs...

What I'm looking for is something that provides a backend for CMS users to create galleries, upload images and add captions, but that allows me to create my own frontend template.

Looking at the plugins in the repository it seemed that most impose a preset frontend lightbox or carousel (or allow you to choose from a selection of them). What I'd prefer is to be able to write my own "foreach" loop for items in a gallery array and then add whatever javascript I need into my page template manually.

Is there a plugin that is suited to this way of working? Thanks.
(2013-11-06, 18:12:34)Cerulean Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm looking for is something that provides a backend for CMS users to create galleries, upload images and add captions, but that allows me to create my own frontend template.
Is there a plugin that is suited to this way of working? Thanks.

You can use I18N Gallery.

1. either use the function return_i18n_gallery(name) in your template or a component and create the gallery, or
  2. you can create a new "gallery plugin" (see i18n_gallery/plugin_*.php for examples) and then select it in the administration
Thanks mvlcek, sounds like the "gallery plugin" method would work well.

I've been having a play with I18N Gallery and it seems great. One thing though: the way the gallery image fields are labelled (with the labels appearing just once at the top of the list) is a bit confusing. It took me a while to work out how they corresponded to the fields below, so I can imagine CMS editors being confused too.

Do you think the labels could appear next to each field in a future release of the plugin? Repeating the labels would use up more space but it would be easier for users to understand.