GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Absolute Link Fixer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This plugin replaces all occurencies of current site path string to specified string, while saving pages.

By this way you have all image, file links changed from absolute to relative (or root-relative) in page content and page fields.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/abs...fixer/743/
(2013-12-03, 23:19:33)mganko Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin replaces all occurencies of current site path string to specified string, while saving pages.

By this way you have all image, file links changed from absolute to relative (or root-relative) in page content and page fields.

Suggestion:

Maybe you can add a general replace this text for that text function and keep the original function of the plugin as example in there.
(2013-12-05, 05:57:56)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-03, 23:19:33)mganko Wrote: [ -> ]This plugin replaces all occurencies of current site path string to specified string, while saving pages.

Suggestion:

Maybe you can add a general replace this text for that text function and keep the original function of the plugin as example in there.

Sorry, could you explain more about this new functionality?
I am moving a site from its temporary to permanent server. first I have downloaded the necessary folders to my localhost installation, changed the base url in Settings, installed the Absolute Link Fixer, written in the new URL and Saved but nothing has changed. How do I make the plugin actually rewrite my links?
" while saving pages." ?
(2013-12-05, 23:48:11)mganko Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-05, 05:57:56)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion:

Sorry, could you explain more about this new functionality?
Sorry, I totally forgot about my post.

Well I thought the plugin searches for urls on a page and change them to relative-to site root (for when moving site to different domain/location?). It sounds like a sort of search and replace method. In this line you can add functionality for other purposes, like text for example. Let say you change company name and your site is filled with the name. With a site wide search and replace method you can change all reverences to something else.

Although I understand now that you have to save every page separate to make these changes, right?

Or maybe I'm totally missing the point?
@datiswous
I made a small plugin that does something similar to what you say (find/replace, when saving and also when displaying existing unchanged content), but only for the site URL, not any string: Fix Site URL. I suppose it would not be difficult to change it to replace by any text (or getting search/replace strings from a list)
(2013-12-19, 03:54:43)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]@datiswous
I made a small plugin that does something similar to what you say (find/replace, when saving and also when displaying existing unchanged content), but only for the site URL, not any string: Fix Site URL. I suppose it would not be difficult to change it to replace by any text (or getting search/replace strings from a list)

Ok nice Carlos. I checked it out. I find it hard to understand (my understanding of php is very limited). I don't actually need this functionality myself right now, but thought it would be a welcome addition in general and in line with the function of this plugin.

Btw. is it not possible to make a script/plugin that checks the xml-files in location /data/pages for that url/string and changes them?