GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Plugin Repository
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We should establish an "official" plugin and theme repro here...shouldnt be too complex...

once this is established, a plugin (or later an addition into the core) which allows to install themes and plugins from this repro would be nice.

keep it up...great work!
Agreed.
Are you talking about within the forums?

I think the developers should consider creating a website solely for this purpose. And should probably become
a little controlling and only display approved plugins. It would be pretty easy for a developer to create a plugin
that appears to be doing one thing but is secretly doing much much more, like deleting core files, and data, including
but not limited to backups, pages, users, settings, core files, other plugins.

I know it is not likely to happen, because I mean who is that mean to ruin other peoples work? But it doesn't mean it won't
nor can't happen.

I am very good at writing up road maps and etc. for things like this so developers (chris) let me know if you would be interested.
Matthew thats exactly what I mean...

Similar to wordpress extend (wordpress.org/extend/plugins).

This could obviously be used for plugins and themes.
I've actually just started creating a plugin for this which taps into the google code SVN, right now the language files are in there...

This would actually be a good way to handle all these files...keep them nice and clean in the SVN and just create a slick front end for it...its quickly done....

What would be great is if we could establish a trunk or a special location where the team or some team-collaborators upload more or less verified language, theme and plugin files.

get-simple team...please give me some feedback on this (and maybe make me admin for these folders as well)...then i can finnish off this plugin!

regards
the only problem is i have no idea where to even begin to create something like wordpress's extend. I like the idea though - it would definitely make things a simpler.
Well...the way i got it right now is simple and it works great!

I just did it for language files as these are the only ones currently on google code.
check it out:

[Image: gs_lang.jpg]

It connects to google SVN checks what files are there...and on click uploads them directly into the admin language dir for the User to use. Currently implementing updating etc. (which would be easy enough with SVN as we have revisions and even have text which would state what changed...)

But woudn't this be a good start for a GS-wide install and update system..without too much hassle?

let me know.
Just updated the Plug-In and it seems that this direction could indeed be interesting if some more variables are stored in the SVN.

[Image: gs_lang2.jpg]

It recognizes installed fonts, either installs or updates new ones.
If we only get a theme and plugin SVN going this could lead to an interesting auto-update ala wordpress.

We could also add a section to this site which shows off the existing themes, languages and plugins.

feedback welcome
A theme and plugin SVN (when hosted by Google) will never be able to cover all themes and plugins. I myself wouldn’t upload a theme to the SVN because it forces me to choose one pre-picked open source license.

As this problem doesn’t exist for GetSimple translations I do think it would be a good idea to start managing that through the already existing SVN.
well...we are not talking about commerical themes and plugins here...wordpress extend also only covers free plugins and themes... dual licensed GPL and MIT.

Adding purchasing in here...is not really what is intended...or did you mean the license which is forced upon by google?
Which SVN is used in the backend is basically a decision by GS. The svn only acts as an interface/host in this case...just like wordpress connect.
hi,

it is not in the same way...but i see that you are using a false icon (lag) for the ar_DZ, it is not Argentina, it is Algeria !
ar_Dz is for ARABIC (From ALGERIA).

so please to correct this and use the correspondent flag/icon.

thanks.
I am setting up a site for this. Forums can't categorize these good enough.

I should have something ready by mid next week.

My brother is coming into town so I'll be busy this weekend.

Please post requests for the site here, http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3518
@nexflo; there is a difference between giving something away for free and licensing said thing as Open Source. I wasn’t planning on making a lot of commercial GetSimple themes, and not thinking of putting any up here to sell. I’m just not planning to put possible future themes on an Open Source license. I’m with Joe Clark (he [url=]wrote about copyright on his blog since 2004) on this, my creation is for me to license.

nexflo Wrote:Which SVN is used in the backend is basically a decision by GS.
A non-Google Code solution would fit me just fine. As long as I get to license my themes and plugins by myself and am not left to someone else deciding this.
@nexflo, will you please share this plugin with me, I would be glad to give you feedback!
@Matthew: I'm going to optimise and secure the plugin a bit more then I will upload it.
I just checked how Wordpress Extend does its magic...and they do it in a similar manner via SVN. We should definitly go the same way.

Theres also a readme.txt which is attached to every plugin, I suggest adhearing to this standard as well

see Readme:

=== Plugin Name ===
Contributors: XXX
Donate link: XXX
Tags: XXX
Requires at least: 1.0
Tested up to: 1.0
Stable tag: 1.0

Here is a short description of the plugin. This should be no more than 150 characters. No markup here.

== Description ==

This is the long description. No limit, and you can use Markdown (as well as in the following sections).
Doesn’t sound to bad, though, where do you write who the creator is? And could we possibly add “License link: XXX”?
yup good call.
updated XML version of meta file plugin...

Ive kinda finnished the repro for browsing plugins as well as a plugin which allows for installation and updates of plugins within GS...dont wanna start my own repro..so GS team...lets set this up together.

greetz_

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package>
<name>Plugin-Name</name>
<summary>Short summary</summary>
<description>Longer description</description>
<url>URL to plugin-Page if any</url>

<author>
<name>Author name</name>
<user>nickname</user>
<email>Author Email</email>
<url>http://florian.elementagency.com</url>
</author>

<version release="1.0.0">
<date>2010-03-20</date>
<release>stable</release>
<latest>2.0.1</latest>
<notes>Just text</notes>
</version>

<license uri="MIT license URL">MIT license</license>

<changelog>
<version release="0.0.0">
<date>2010-03-10</date>
<release>unstable</release>
<latest>2.0.1</latest>
<notes>Just text</notes>
</version>
</changelog>

</package>
where is the download link?
I'm working with Chris to make an official repository....link coming soon
ok. thanks nexflo... What about Search Plugin..? I would like to try.. Smile
Has anything else been done with this? I am very interested in this, and have been waiting a while Smile