GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How to integrate GS to a static PHP website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

May I ask how can I integrate Get simple into a static PHP website. Reason being for this is because I do not wish to use the theme feature of this wonderful software (I am an old school person) and I would like get simple to be use as my news/blog entries type of CMS.

Thanks!
You can split your site into several PHP blocks (for e.g. pre-header, header, footer, etc.) and use includes to insert them in both the original site and your own theme's template.php

Take a look at the Innovation theme, it uses a basic template.php that includes several *.inc.php files. It could be something like that.
Thanks I will check it out. So in the end I will definitely still need to edit the theme coding in GS? I am a novice at site making so I will definitely prefer not to touch on the theme and simply just use the old way of making a web layout.

Possible to do a include only of my news entries to my static news and update page only?
There are ways to embed gs into your php app.
You can use the API to grab page data and content for example.

You can also include some of gs files, namely common.php, but you will have to do some initializat ion of some stuff first and deal with php include paths.