GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Assign pages to existing menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I'm really new around here, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it by searching.

I've been playing with GetSimpleCMS on my computer (localhost, no plugins installed) mostly for playing and testing purposes, but I've been constantly hitting the same wall: How do you assign pages to existing menus? Can a menu hold links to multiple pages in it?

The default "Index" page is assigned to the "Home" menu, I can create new pages but I can't get them to go in any existing menus. If I create a new page and press the "page options +" there is the option "Add this page to the menu", if I tick it and type "Home" (or any other name of the exiting menus) a new duplicate one is created by its side.
The search icon (magnifying glass) opens a list of menus but it doesn't seem to do anything.

What am I missing?
Thanks for the help
There is only 1 menu, so not really sure what you are doing. That is the menu title you are entering.
If I go to the menu manager in the admin area I get several menus in that list.
My only question is if I can have:
Menu 1
Page A
Page B
Page C

Menu 2
Page D
Page E
Page F

and so on
There is 1 menu with a parent child relationship.
They are not multiple menus.

I am still not clear on what you want to do.

Can you detail how you want your menu to look ?

parent
-child
parent (sibling)
-child
Ah ok, think I got it now.
Must have misunderstood what the "Menu text" meant, I was under the impression we could have hierarchical menus with with a rollover sub items.

Thanks for the help.Shy
Not by default, you will want to use the i18n menu plugin
Yes I've stumbled upon that plugin in my previous search, I might look into it.
From what I see the default menu system just puts page entries side by side near the page header in a given order, no hierarchy of any kind.

Thanks for the suggestion