GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Image Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm not sure what is going on but I'm not able to get to the image control panel. It's been like that since installing it.

I get this error page.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/barrowfu/public_html/admin/inc/imagemanipulation.php on line 41

I have another site created from the same version of GS and it works fine. I'm able to get to the image control panel, get link and thumbnail etc.

Also - in the file management area I can see jpg thumbnails but not pngs is there a setting I can tweak?

I get this in the website health check GS 3.23 but with the CKE patch

GD Library Not Installed - Warning
ZipArchive Not Installed - Warning

Many thanks!

Lance
You do not have gd enabled somehow.
gd is required for image functions.
Thanks for the response Shawn!

Shawn is that through the hosting?

My other site running GS has the same GD library setting(not installed).
Yes its a hosting thing. actually a php module.

It is possible your other install is not trying to create a thumbnail, and this one is and hence the fatal error.

I created an issue to add sanity checking here in case gd is missing in the future. But that does not really help you now.

I beleive this function is
genStdThumb in imagemanipulation.php

You can always bypass this by editing it and putting "return;" immediately after the function starts.
But you wont ever have thumbnails.
(2014-01-14, 01:18:55)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Yes its a hosting thing. actually a php module.

It is possible your other install is not trying to create a thumbnail, and this one is and hence the fatal error.

I created an issue to add sanity checking here in case gd is missing in the future. But that does not really help you now.

I beleive this function is
genStdThumb in imagemanipulation.php

You can always bypass this by editing it and putting "return;" immediately after the function starts.
But you wont ever have thumbnails.

I appreciate the advice Ill give it a go!!! Smile
I would find out why gd is not available, usually you can turn it on in php.ini if you have control over it.
If not mosts hosts usually support gd, so thats odd, unless its a free host.
No its a VPS and I have access to WHM but really nooby when it comes to server setups. I contact hosting and having them do it. Knowing my luck it would kill the site..Smile
Hi Shawn....I'm also have an issue with creating a website archive. For a split second the browser reports and error page in Firefox. I'm having a tough time seeing exactly what lines, there are a lot of them. I do see that its a zip something.php

GS creates the zip but when I open it these directories are the only ones in there

data
plugins
theme

theme is empty
data has cache and site users folder but both of those folders are empty
plugins only has two of my 12 plugins and those folders are empty as well

I posted here since I have the zip archive mod not enable on php. Thats most likely the problem but I wasnt sure. Thought Id ask.
check
data/other/logs/
errorlog.txt
i get this. So i'm thinking that since ziparchive mod isnt installed this would produce this error.

PHP Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/barrowfu/public_html/admin/inc/ZipArchive.php on line 266
hmm usually it falls back to tar, but perhaps that is failing also ?
Well Ive been on hold with godaddy waiting to message them to turn on zip and the gdlib. tick tock! Smile
Yeh I checked with that...those two mods are not there. There is a zlib mod but I suspect that is not it. I still have yet to hear back from godaddy. Sad

I think I could do it myself via the whm > easy apache but wasnt sure when it rebuilds that it would take the site down.
Boom I ended up enabling those mods!!!! I have a problem though that I'm not sure if anyone else is having.

I am able to archive the site. When I download the zip, it seems to load another zip.cpgz and doesnt open

Any advice for a mac user?