GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: SEF bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i guess its a bug i observe: if you've got fancy urls turned on, and edit the page, then you click on "view page" button in the page properties, you will have a trailing slash! so the next page you click in your menu will have a nested names.
example: you edited domain.com/page1, and clicked "view page". you will be redirected to the domain.com/page1/, so the next page in your menu you go, will be not domain.com/page1, but domain.com/page1/page2!
That shouldn't happen with the standard get_navigation template tag, that uses absolute URLs for menu links. Have you changed the function, or are you using a plugin or something for that?
nah, plain php menu (php include) in my template
Actually, its not the menu issue, its in the edit page options.
The trailing slash is added by the "view" button. And then somehow that link become base path.
Well then use absolute URLs in your menu, or at least relative to root.

You could set up GS so that it doesn't add the trailing slash (with a custom permalink structure), but I think you could still have some issue (if you have several page levels)
mate, i really know how to deal with it, i just thought i should mention it here, so it will be fixed in the next releases. cheers.
It's not a bug. That's the normal behaviour.

If you don't want the trailing slash, change your custom permalink to structure to:
%parent%/%slug%
or
%slug%
you're absolutely right. BUT, if you have GS by default set up your fancy urls without slash(with empty pretty urls box in your backend i mean), you expect your "view" button use the same behavior!
it does
%parent%/%slug%/

is the default

I dont get it.
i sent you a screenshot via PM, shawn
I don't get it either.
If you use a custom permalink structure, the Use Fancy URLs checkbox is simply ignored by GS.
Make sure your permalink is not an empty space ( known bug )

No clue how your menu links are relative. Mine are not, cannot reproduce.

What version ?
What is the exact slug ?
What is the php code to show menu?
What is the html code output in your menu ?
(2014-01-16, 03:10:20)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]No clue how your menu links are relative. Mine are not, cannot reproduce.

He said, the menu is hardcoded.
(2014-01-16, 03:10:20)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your permalink is not an empty space ( known bug )
ah, you mean the field should not be empty, and its a bug? I thought its the way it should work. That the empty field means default SEF setting.

Quote:No clue how your menu links are relative. Mine are not, cannot reproduce.
I sent you the link via PM, you can see yourself.
(2014-01-16, 07:25:24)lukoie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-16, 03:10:20)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure your permalink is not an empty space ( known bug )
ah, you mean the field should not be empty, and its a bug? I thought its the way it should work. That the empty field means default SEF setting.

shawn_a surely meant "blank/space character", not "empty". If the field is empty the default fancy URL structure is used.
yeah not a bug, if your using a custom nav then you need to change your permalink to match.
Sorry
Ok, i will fill the fancy url field then. It's empty now(no space character either!). It was empty by default, btw.
Yes its empty by default.
The default is
%parent%/%slug%/ when blank.