GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Fancy URL returns 404 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running a site on GetSimple 3.2.3

I'm trying to change my permalink structure to '%parent%/%slug%/', but when I do, each page just takes me to a 404 error page. I have mod_rewrite enabled, and am using the latest apache. I'm assuming it's something wrong in my htacess, but I have no idea as to what it is.

Here's my htaccess if it helps
Code:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path -- IMPORTANT -> if your site is located in subfolder you need to change this to reflect (eg: /subfolder/)
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^blog/post/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&post=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/tag/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&tag=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/page/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&page=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/archive/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&archive=$1 [L]
RewriteRule ^blog/category/([^/.]+)/?$ index.php?id=blog&category=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

Here's my site, if it helps

Oh and I have looked through a lot of earlier posts about this issue, but I havent had any luck
That permalink sounds like the default structure, what happens when you leave it empty?
Try removing the blog stuff.
(2014-01-18, 13:20:07)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]That permalink sounds like the default structure, what happens when you leave it empty?
Try removing the blog stuff.
I think the default one was the one that makes it index.php?=PAGENAME, while I want it to be /parent/pagename. I just changed the permalink to empty, and it doesn't appear to have changed anything (unless it's taking a while to update)

And I removed the blog stuff, still not working.
Does your health check say mod rewrite is on ?
Do you know if it even works ?
(2014-01-18, 14:48:04)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Does your health check say mod rewrite is on ?
Do you know if it even works ?

Yep, mod rewrite is defintely on, I'm running on a vps so I enabled it. And everything in health check is working.

And the pages exist, if that's what your asking. Going to index.php?=pagename still loads the page.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed. Turns out my .htaccess file wasn't being executed. I had to add 'AllowOverride All' to default in apache. Thanks to Carlos for the save!