GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Server Setup non-Apache warning on Windows server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 clients that host at the same hosting company, which uses Windows IIS.

The GS install of client 1 (still on version 3.1.2, they haven't yet upgraded) runs perfectly, basically as documented on the forums. However for client 2 (running on 3.2.3) the admin gives an 'Server Setup non-Apache' warning on every page. Plus on the health check page it shows the following error: 'Apache web server Microsoft-IIS/7.5 - Error'.

The health check for that other site (on 3.1.2) shows: 'Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK' at that same spot.

The sites are on the exact same server, using the same hosting setup by the looks of it. So I am guessing the newer GS version is a bit more critical in giving the warning/error. Or could it be caused by something else?

Aside from that warning on every page and error on the health check page things seem to work fine (although the page sorting method is different), so it doesn't seem in any way problematic. However, how can I make sure this warning isn't displayed on each and every page of the admin (including the login screen)? As that's bound to result in questions from the client...

Thanks in advance guys.
Disable GSNOAPACHECHECK in gsconfig.php

uncomment the line:
#define('GSNOAPACHECHECK', true);
...but make sure your xml files in data and backups folders are protected, that is, not viewable with a browser.
All files not just .xml in those folders
Ah yes. Everything except the data/uploads subfolder.
.xml
.xml.bak

should cover you
(2014-01-28, 00:43:09)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]...but make sure your xml files in data and backups folders are protected, that is, not viewable with a browser.

Gents,

This website was recently launched. Did some checking with regards to your warnings to protect things.

Whereas the folders can't be reached it DOES show the contents of the xml files. In the control panel of this host there is no option to protect anything so I contacted them.

They are offering to move the site to a newer windows server that runs the Helicon APE module which allows for folders to be protected with a user name and password.

Is that what you were suggesting with regards to protecting them? Or can it be done differently too on a windows server and doesn't this host have a clue with regards to this subject?

If the latter is the case I will advice the client to move to a hosting party that runs Apache.

Please advice.
Sorry, no idea.
I think that in older IIS versions you had to protect files or folders in the IIS Management Console. Not sure but I think that in modern versions you can use a web.config file for that.

I suppose that password-protecting those folders would be fine - anything that disallows internet users from viewing xml files (except the root sitemap.xml) and contents of files in data (except data/uploads and data/thumbs) and backups folders.
(2014-01-27, 21:00:25)n00dles101 Wrote: [ -> ]Disable GSNOAPACHECHECK in gsconfig.php

uncomment the line:

Where is this file at?
How do I find this to edit it?
(2016-01-09, 07:24:04)smiller781 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-27, 21:00:25)n00dles101 Wrote: [ -> ]Disable GSNOAPACHECHECK in gsconfig.php

uncomment the line:

Where is this file at?
How do I find this to edit it?

gsconfig.php , you can find it in the root directory of your GetSimple installation.

Or use plugin GSconfigUI: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsconfig-ui/938/