GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Pages not visible in parent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, new to this script & forum but have many years fiddling & using other scripts.

My problem (that I actually noticed in the demo before installing script) is that unless you put pages assigned to a parent in top navigation menu there is no way of accessing them as a site user?

Example:I created a main parent page and added to menu, then created a sub page and parented it to main page but chose not to add to main top menu, but when I view main page in front end as a user the sub page is nowhere to be seen?

Am I missing something? I can't add all pages to menu that would be daft.

any advise much appreciated.

PS I did search for this but found no results.
(2014-02-09, 06:28:49)Vault Wrote: [ -> ]Am I missing something? I can't add all pages to menu that would be daft.
any advise much appreciated.
PS I did search for this but found no results.

Yes, you missed the base destiny of this CMS.
I won't get deeper, thus the thing ou need to get, is one of the plugins.
It may be i18n, or child menu.
Have a look at extend section.
many thanks will take a look Smile
Thanks for your reply yojoe, The plugins kind of work but then presented other issues lol. I have decided not to use this script although I do like its administration options, I feel not enough attention has been paid to the front end user interface, for example the navigation is very poor & I consider this a priority.

thanks again. Smile
The navigation is poor ?
i18n nav is made to be used with a component for custom navigation, I use it to generate bootstrap drop down menus for example.

Its not poor its 1 dimensional. If you want multi level menus then use a plugin or write your own menu function.
Ok my apologies a little harsh, let's just say then,I have found something better suited to my users needs & my requirements Smile