GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Special Pages extras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
How do I deploy this selection in front end web site?

http://imgur.com/c1RUisx

im using special page extra, please help - me

saudações, Brasil
I've found a bug. When I want to use 2 multiImage fields, new images are going to the last field even though they were uploaded to the first one.
Pls, see this gif - http://i.imgur.com/ftgKge2.gif
GS 3.3.10 & I18N Special Pages extras v1.22 — settings are not saved. where to get the previous version 1.21?
I'm sorry, 1.20 found in the archive.
(2016-07-05, 18:52:55)denisnorma Wrote: [ -> ]GS 3.3.10 & I18N Special Pages extras v1.22 — settings are not saved. where to get the previous version 1.21?
I'm sorry, 1.20 found in the archive.

Not confirmed, GS 3.3.10 & I18N Special Pages extras v1.22 works fine.
Thank you so much for your great plug in!

I think I have found a bug. Fresh install of GS 3.3.10 & I18N Special Pages extras v1.23.

When I use „Multi image field“ it works only for the first time. After reloading the page in the back end, the +add button will not show up and all the added images are not shown, too. In the front end everything looks fine.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: Maybe this error message from the console helps:

TypeError: $spe_multiimageUl is null

As I mentioned before, the first time I add new images into „Multi image field“ on a new special page it works, but not the second time.
(2016-07-31, 06:20:52)smsHH Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for your great plug in!

I think I have found a bug. Fresh install of GS 3.3.10 & I18N Special Pages extras v1.23.

When I use „Multi image field“ it works only for the first time. After reloading the page in the back end, the +add button will not show up and all the added images are not shown, too. In the front end everything looks fine.

Thank you for your help.

Edit: Maybe this error message from the console helps:

TypeError: $spe_multiimageUl is null

As I mentioned before, the first time I add new images into „Multi image field“ on a new special page it works, but not the second time.

Fixed in version 1.24
hi, have some issue (GS 3.3.10 + 1.24):

has one multi-image field. adding image, ok, but: no image thumbnail at the editor, look at the linked image. if i change path to image to relative (without http://sitename/) thumbnails are shown, but picture not saved due to errors in field.

image also at http://imgur.com/a/cqG4P
Hello, I've had an issue with the last few versions of your plugin, Windows is detecting a virus in the download and removes the file from my machine. I've temporarily disabled my A/V as a workaround, just thought you should be aware. Great plugin BTW!

[Image: virus-detected.jpg]
(2016-08-03, 01:25:37)orrollo Wrote: [ -> ]hi, have some issue (GS 3.3.10 + 1.24):

has one multi-image field. adding image, ok, but: no image thumbnail at the editor, look at the linked image. if i change path to image to relative (without http://sitename/) thumbnails are shown, but picture not saved due to errors in field.

image also at http://imgur.com/a/cqG4P

also, was fixed the code. changed SPEValidator.php:

Code:
   public static function findImagePath($url){
       global $GSADMIN;

$dataDirPart = str_replace(GSROOTPATH, '', GSDATAPATH); // "data/"
       $pluginsDirPart = str_replace(GSROOTPATH, '', GSPLUGINPATH); // "plugins/"
       $pluginsDirPart = str_replace(GSROOTPATH, '', GSPLUGINPATH); // "plugins/"

$port = ($p = $_SERVER['SERVER_PORT'])!='80' && $p !='443' ? ':'.$p : '';
       $host = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . $port;
       $pathParts = pathinfo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

if ($pathParts['filename'] == 'changedata') //while saving page or while validating by ajax
           $subDir = substr($pathParts['dirname'], 0, strrpos($pathParts['dirname'], $GSADMIN)); //find page subdir
       else
           $subDir = substr($pathParts['dirname'], 0, strpos($pathParts['dirname'], $pluginsDirPart.'SpecialPagesExtras')); //find page subdir

$siteHost = http_protocol()."://". $host;

//delete site host and subdir and data from image url
       if ( substr($url, 0, strlen($siteHost.$subDir.$dataDirPart) ) == $siteHost.$subDir.$dataDirPart) {
           $path = substr($url, strlen($siteHost.$subDir.$dataDirPart));
       }
       else if (substr($url, 0, strlen($subDir.$dataDirPart) ) == $subDir.$dataDirPart){ //if its root relative (ex. /data/uploads/image.jpg)
           $path = substr($url, strlen($subDir.$dataDirPart));
       }
       else{ //wrong path, not full and root relative
           return false;
       }

$file = basename($path);
       $subDir = tsl(dirname($path));

return array('dir' => $subDir, 'filename' => $file, 'full' => GSDATAPATH.$path);
   }
(2016-08-02, 20:56:59)mganko Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed in version 1.24

Thank you very very much for your work and the update Exclamation Smile
I've installed this plugin (clean new cms install), added one custom field (image). I was able to create a Special Page and save it. After I've added a couple more fields and next thing I know - I cant nor create new Special Page nor edit previous.
I get js validator error (see link) - http://joxi.ru/52akPEoTGjq9Zr
I've tried to remove all the fields, tried to re-save plugin settings but no luck.
Ver. 1.24
I can't see any thumbnails in the image browser. Getting this attached „Wrong path“ error.

How can I fix that?

Thank you in advance and have a good day.
Hello mganko, I noticed that if I have the "Use better image browser" option checked, then I'm unable to select a thumbnail when inserting an image, only the "full-size" version of the image is available - see below. Is there a way to give us the option of selecting one or the other?

With better image browser option enabled:

[Image: option-enabled.jpg]

With better image browser option disabled:

[Image: option-disabled.jpg]
When trying to go to Pages > Edit Navigation Structure, PHP encounters a fatal error (in attachment). It seems that caching_functions.php are not yet loaded when getPagesXmlValues() is called.

GetSimple: 3.3.13
I18n: 3.3.1
I18n Special Pages: 1.3.5
I18n Special Pages Extras: 1.24
(2017-01-02, 06:30:11)Everyone Wrote: [ -> ]When trying to go to Pages > Edit Navigation Structure, PHP encounters a fatal error (in attachment). It seems that caching_functions.php are not yet loaded when getPagesXmlValues() is called.

GetSimple: 3.3.13
I18n: 3.3.1
I18n Special Pages: 1.3.5
I18n Special Pages Extras: 1.24

Bump.

Any solution/workaround, please?
(2017-03-23, 20:50:37)hameau Wrote: [ -> ]Any solution/workaround, please?

The Plugin reorder plugin provides a workaround.

Notes:
  • The version number is wrong in the distributed file. Either ignore the notification in the Plugins admin page, or change line 16 of plugin_reorder.php to version number 1.01. (The version in Extend is v1.01, just the register_plugin data is wrong.)
  • In the GS admin -> Plugins -> Reorder Plugins, drag SpecialPagesExtras.php to the bottom of the list and click 'Save Plugin Order'.
  • Delete the __MACOSX and .DS_Store junk. Angry
Hello,

thank you for the plugin, but unfortunately, it's not working flawlessly for me:

- settings won't be saved in 1.24, the XML file got saved (change of date and timestamp in FTP), but the settings of each field are not written into the xml tags,  they just stay empty. If i reopen the fields tab in the SpecialPage (under Plugins), the values of the settings of each field are set back to default ("required" not set, other settings empty).
- when choosing a "multi-image" field or an "image with thumb" via the dropdown, the type of the field will be set to "Longtext" after saving. Tried several times, but there's no chance to get one of them to work.
- suddenly, i got this "SpecialPagesExtras: async validation error". Installed ReorderPlugins but didn't change anything. Error still appearing. Guess that happened after setting a field or image to "required". Deinstalled plugin, reinstalled, same error. Deinstalled, reinstalled a previous version 1.20, same error.
- Debug Console doesn't show anything wrong.

Any suggestions what went wrong here?
I'd be glad to be able to use the plugin.
Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards.
Shasaar
(2017-04-30, 17:01:25)Shasaar Wrote: [ -> ]Any suggestions what went wrong here?

What other plugins do you have?

I am successfully using these together:
  • Send Anonymous Data
  • debugmode
  • DynPages
  • GSMaintenance
  • I18N Base
  • I18N Gallery
  • I18N
  • I18N Search
  • I18N Special Pages
  • Plugin Reorder
  • PubDate Fix
  • I18N Special Pages extras
  • Multi User
  • WJ Notepad
If you make any changes to the plugins – install, remove, enable, disable – you have to set the plugin order again, making sure that Special Pages Extras is the last one on the list, and save the order.
Hello Nick,
thank you for your message, i'm using those plugins:
  • Send Anonymous Data
  • DynPages
  • GSMaintenance
  • I18N Base
  • I18N
  • I18N Search
  • I18N Special Pages
  • Plugin Reorder
  • HitCount
  • I18N Special Pages extras
  • Multi User

No matter where i put the Special Pages extras in the list, the error still occurred.
Cheers.
Shasaar
(2017-05-02, 00:31:01)Shasaar Wrote: [ -> ]No matter where i put the Special Pages extras in the list, the error still occurred.

I can only suggest to disable other plugins and see if the minimal configuration works.

See also this post. Check again the plugin versions and the log file.

You could also try something like this post, but I don't know if your problem is due to the same thing.
Hey Nick,

thank you, i guess the problem occurs when i mark a picture as required, but i'm not sure tho.
I'll try renaming the plugin as you did, sometime this week.

Cheers.
Shasaar
Hi again,

now I tried for several hours to fix the problem and I didn't find the cause for it, which leaves me very disappointed.
No matter what I do, the error occurs when trying to save the page, no matter if everything besides the title is filled or empty.

Well, it's not the first plugin that doesn't work right from scratch or has it's flaws and I have to admit that this is a downside of the plugin system. I'm already having nightmares if it comes to updating to a newer GS version one day.

However, I've changed the value for the first skipAsyncValidation in file plugins/SpecialPagesExtras/views/editScripts.php from false to true and it saves the page and stops bugging me.
The downside on that one is that if something is wrong (title missing), the page dies and gives a security check fail.

I'm really too tired to search more, since even disabling all the plugins, changing load position and also renaming the files and folders, didn't do the trick.

If somebody has an idea, what I need to additionally change the code of SpecialPagesExtra to let GS do the title check again, that would be really helpful, cause I don't want to leave it with just the security check failure. If I comment out the
checkTitle = function(){ return true };
of the same file, GS does the check again, but the save button doesn't work anymore.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Shasaar
(2017-08-20, 03:07:07)Shasaar Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again,

now I tried for several hours to fix the problem and I didn't find the cause for it, which leaves me very disappointed.
No matter what I do, the error occurs when trying to save the page, no matter if everything besides the title is filled or empty.

Well, it's not the first plugin that doesn't work right from scratch or has it's flaws and I have to admit that this is a downside of the plugin system. I'm already having nightmares if it comes to updating to a newer GS version one day.

However, I've changed the value for the first skipAsyncValidation in file plugins/SpecialPagesExtras/views/editScripts.php from false to true and it saves the page and stops bugging me.
The downside on that one is that if something is wrong (title missing), the page dies and gives a security check fail.

I'm really too tired to search more, since even disabling all the plugins, changing load position and also renaming the files and folders, didn't do the trick.

If somebody has an idea, what I need to additionally change the code of SpecialPagesExtra to let GS do the title check again, that would be really helpful, cause I don't want to leave it with just the security check failure. If I comment out the
checkTitle = function(){ return true };
of the same file, GS does the check again, but the save button doesn't work anymore.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Shasaar

Hi, I'm the author of this plugin. What version of GS and plugin do you use?
Hello.
I can't create more than 80 fields. What could be the problem?
Hey mganko, 

From reading this thread, there seem to be a lot of issues with the latest releases.
Could you perhaps state the version of I18N Special Pages that you used for development (and GS version).
In the meantime awaiting a solution, this could help users to have an identical setup/ less unexpected bugs.

Cheers,
Ty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6