GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Recommendation for the simplest photo' gallery?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running GS CMS off a memory stick on my DD-WRT router, using Optware. I've tried I81N gallery but it brings the router to its knees with 100% CPU use.

I'm looking for a basic gallery plugin that will just show thumbnails that open when clicked, with no fancy CPU hogging effects.

There are 26 gallery plugins available. To save me testing them all, can anyone make any recommendations, please?

Jim
(2014-03-08, 20:46:28)jimford Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running GS CMS off a memory stick on my DD-WRT router, using Optware. I've tried I81N gallery but it brings the router to its knees with 100% CPU use.

I18N Gallery resizes the uploaded images to fit the size entered for the gallery. This happens when the gallery is first shown - normally for each image a thumbnail and a resized image in the desired size is generated. After that it should not use the CPU anymore for resizing and use links to the resized images.
Thanks for the quick reply 'mvlcek', I'll look a bit deeper.

Does I18N rely on PHP ZipArchive? I haven't got it installed on my system.

(I must say - there's excellent support on this site!)

Jim
I don't think the zip thing is used for anything other than making backup zip archives.

The very simplest gallery would be to use GS's existing thumb generation and the ready made html thumbnail to file links under the Files tab, plus a bit of css to style and maybe make them open in a pop-up type window.

Second simplest is to use the fancybox plugin and again copy and paste the thumbs as links.

Finding your way around the plugins is half the battle with this CMS
I'm not really 'getting' I18N (It's me - I know)!

I created a gallery with a few images in it and 'prettyphoto' selected. I then created a page with only the following code in it:

Code:
(% gallery name=gallery %)

The page displays OK with the thumbnails, but if I select a thumbnail I just get the plain image in the top left of a new empty page.

I'm missing something somewhere!

Jim

Oh, and BTW - what's the 'slug' I keep seeing mentioned?