GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: clone page issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The “clone” page option seems to have some issue. You can clone a page and view the new cloned page, but if you change the new page’s “custom URL (slug)” the page can’t be found.
This is not a normal problem, it is specific to what you are doing. A cloned page is nothing special.
Can you post exact reproduction steps ?
(2014-04-03, 08:00:33)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a normal problem, it is specific to what you are doing. A cloned page is nothing special.
Can you post exact reproduction steps ?

Create a page called "flowers" and save it. Go into that page to edit it, and click on "clone" at the bottom of the page. Now in the pages tab you have a page called "flowers", and "flowers [copy]".

The custom URL (slug) for the "flowers [copy]" page is "flowers-1"

All is good at this point, you can view the copied page, "flowers [copy]" .

However, If you change the custom URL (slug) for the "flowers [copy]" page from flowers-1 to "trees", the page cant be found.

Edit: >> Just checked and found that if I change the "custom URL (slug)" of my flowers page from flowers to flowers2, the page cant be found. So yes the issue is not just for cloned pages.
This is a page cache update issue , what version are you on and are your i18n plugins up to date?
GetSimple Version 3.3.1

I18N Multilevel navigation & breadcrumbs (I18N enabled)
Version 3.2.5

In the health check, all is ok except

GSLOGINSALT No
GSUSECUSTOMSALT No
I18n is out of date
(2014-04-03, 10:39:59)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]I18n is out of date

Solved the problem. Thanks so much.