GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Font Awesome Icons not showing after GetSimple CMS implementation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I got stuck on a problem and hope some of you can help me out. I created a company web page and integrated Font Awesome.
I made an static version of the page based on HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and all works great.
Due to the fact that my customer can make his own small content editing I tried to implement my static web page into GetSimple CMS.

Everything works just great except for the fact that the Font Awesome fonts are not showing up.

In order to exclude the error that I made an path error with the css or the font files I tried to track them down and addressed them absolut.

In my opinion the files are integrated properly.

Does someone know if theres something special to make when integrating fonts into GetSimple CMS?

It would be nice if someone can give me an advice,
many thanks,
greetings.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ajha139zt9kmi7r/qilSDA813w
You need to check it using browser development tools, ad check css inheritance see if a reset or something is overriding your .fa classes. And to make sure your assets are loading.
(2014-04-12, 03:46:05)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]You need to check it using browser development tools, ad check css inheritance see if a reset or something is overriding your .fa classes. And to make sure your assets are loading.

Hi shawn,

thanks for your reply. Now I found the problem:

I copied the main page content from my static source over in the "Edit Page"-section. (source)
In case that I immediately hit save and take a look at the site all icons are there.

At the moment when I hit edit page again all <i></i> tags and the content in between is replaced with blanks (&nbspWink and thats why the icons didn't showed up.

The question now is, how do I prevent the backend to do this? The edit function is totally useless as long as this problem exists. Do you have any suggestions how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your help, hints and replies.
Greetings
ahh yes, this is a ckeditor thing.
What version of gs are you using ?
(2014-04-12, 04:19:57)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]ahh yes, this is a ckeditor thing.
What version of gs are you using ?

Hi there:

[Image: Bildschirmfoto%202014-04-11%20um%2020.34.16.png]

So according to your reply I guess there is a solution? :-)

Thank you very much,
Greetings
In your ckeditor/config.js

add 'i' to
var blockTags = ['div','h1','h2','h3','h4','h5','h6','p','pre','li','blockquote','ul','ol','table','thead','tbody','tfoot','td','th',];

I beleive that will prevent them from being removed when empty.
Hi there,

unfortunately this didn't solved the problem.

[Image: Bildschirmfoto%202014-04-13%20um%2021.13.23.png]

Is there anything else I can do? The <i></i> tags are still replaced with &nbsp; :-(

Do I have to delete the site and rebuilt it after I changed the blockTags?

Thank you for your time and help,
greetings.
That might only work in cke 4

Try this one
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid41625
(2014-04-14, 06:12:43)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]That might only work in cke 4

Try this one
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid41625

Hi Shawn,

awesome! This one works, great! Thank you many, many times and also thanks for creating this great cms.

For all others who might have the same issue:

open your config.js and add:

Code:
CKEDITOR.dtd.$removeEmpty.i = 0;

greetings from Germany