GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I don't understand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I everybody,
First of all this is a newbie question but I made dozen or hundreads of sites in my life.
I can't change the favicon.
I made a site with newclear theme, first thing a made I removed existing favicons code and put a code like this: <link href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/fav.png" rel="icon" type="image/png" /> (I have fav.png in my root).
Nothing happens. favicon dosen't appear.
So I tried to restore original code wich is the following:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/images/favicon.ico">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/images/apple-touch-icon.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/images/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/images/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png">

and I modified the images but it shows the original ones (black with an s) wich I really don't know where does the theme get them, I personally changed them, the folder is clearly defined (exemple /images/apple-touch-icon-114x114.png). so what it's gonna happen?
I cleared the cache of my browser many times but it's still the same, does anybody knows what should I do?
I don't know if is it allowed to post the link of my site, if it is possible and it can help I post it.
thank you
I don't know why it is but i have often found favicons to be really slow to change. As you say, despite clearing caches and everything.

The S icon is left by the skeleton boilerplate. There is no reason why you can't post a link to your site if you want.
Although now i look at what you wrote - get_theme_url() goes to the current theme folder, if your icon file is in your root you will want
PHP Code:
<?php get_site_url(); ?>
instead.
Thank you,
I changed the code with the following:
<link href="<?php get_site_url(); ?>/fav.png" rel="icon" type="image/png" />
But I still can't see favicon.
It exist here http://www.researchlabs.biz/fav.png
is not a complex thing but I can't solve it.
I can not even imagine how to investigate such a simple thing.
The sourcecode of your site says:
Code:
<link href="http://www.researchlabs.biz/" rel="icon" type="image/png" />
Thank you I solved, my fault.