GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Features List?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, since I can't use the demo (draws a blank page), wanted to know especially about users modifying menu systems when they add pages.
It is possible, and if so, how?

TIA
Jeff
(2014-05-20, 03:35:34)jefferis Wrote: [ -> ]... wanted to know especially about users modifying menu systems when they add pages.
It is possible, and if so, how?

You'll have to be a bit more specific about what 'users modifying menu systems' means.

The demo is now working (see your other thread), but it's really a five-minute job to install GetSimple on a web host or local (L|X)AMP server to see first-hand.
I see in the demo how the menu system is supposed to work, although new pages don't save. Are the menus and templates responsive by default?
(2014-05-21, 02:07:39)jefferis Wrote: [ -> ]Are the menus and templates responsive by default?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult ...

'Responsive' meaning what? Responsive to screen size (which it what it usually means in connection with templates/themes)? In which case, I don't know what you mean in connection with menus.

'Responsive to screen size' depends on whether the installed and selected theme supports that feature.

Give me an example of what you're looking for when a new page is created and saved.
You can pretty much do anything with the relevant plugins, but typically there is only 1 menu hierarchy.
By default the menu is 1 dimensional, using parent child hierarchy and a priority level.
Of course this can be improved with plugins, namely i18n plugin
thanks,
what I mean by responsive is that when you view the page on a smartphone, the menu resizes or changes to fit and work in a smartphone along with the responsive template; instead of breaking the layout with a menu that scrolls off the screen to the right.
Default themes are not responsive, but there are many themes, even bootstrap. And themes are simple to make from any template you have.