GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Plugin lang strings does not load properly throug i18N when admin log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have a great, great, problem:

I'm creating a webpage using GetSimple and I noticed that i18n and i18n_r functions does not work.

When I load the page, {ALL_CATEGORIES} strings are showed intead the lang string.

If I go to webpage/admin/ and log in, then the lang strings are loaded fine and all works ok.

When I log in, a cookie called GS_ADMIN_USERNAME is created, and whyle I stay loged, the i18n strings are showed totally fine, but if I log out, or I delete the cookie or I disable cookies, the bug goes back and lot of "{STRINGS}" appears.

¡¡¿What are happening?!!
¿How can I discover the source of the bug?

Please, help me! and excuse my poor english! Wink
What version ?
What plugin ?
GS = Versión 3.3.1
GS Blog = Versión 1.5 (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gs-blog/462/)
Thanks!
I would refer to the plugins support page, seems like the plugin is not merging the lang file or throwing an error. check your error log also.
I'm still reading all post from support forum plugin and I can find any solution.

No one message appears when define('GSDEBUG', TRUE); activated.

How I can check the the lang file ar merging poperly?
Why the lang are fine when user are loged on admin zone?

Thanks!
No clue, post to that thread instead, might get an answer.
When I rename es_ES.php to en_US.php all works fine -> the web page is translated.

I discover some strings was not translated in en_US.php so, I do that.

So, I think the problem is GetSimple does not detect correctly the language.

I've set es_ES on Get Simple and GS Blog as a default languaje, but en_US still loaded.

I've put " echo $LANG; " on the template php file and en_US is printed.

So, How can I set the es_ES languaje?

Thank for your comments and help. Wink
There is no support for front end languages, but there are some hacks like setting $LANG in gsconfig.php
Or using i18n plugins
(2014-05-21, 06:00:32)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]There is no support for front end languages, but there are some hacks like setting $LANG in gsconfig.php
Or using i18n plugins

So, the bug must be inside the GS Blog plugin. Isn't it?

I've set $LANG in gsconfig.php typing:

define ('LANG', 'es_ES');

but nothing happens.

Is this the right way?

Thank you so much for your help! Wink
I just tested this out and it works fine for me.
I went into blog settings and changed the language, and it is fine.

Like I said use the plugin support thread and post your issue there.

also check error.txt