GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Multiple parent pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am looking for a plugin or method that will allow me to add a page to multiple locations in the navigation menu.

On my site I have multiple musicians as the parent pages, or top level navigation. Listed in the submenus are songs performed by the musicians. Some of these songs are performed by multiple musicians on the page and I would like to list these songs under multiple parent pages. Is this possible?
(2014-07-09, 12:48:33)Dutch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am looking for a plugin or method that will allow me to add a page to multiple locations in the navigation menu.

On my site I have multiple musicians as the parent pages, or top level navigation. Listed in the submenus are songs performed by the musicians. Some of these songs are performed by multiple musicians on the page and I would like to list these songs under multiple parent pages. Is this possible?

If you only show the songs, when you are on a musicians page, than you can use the I18N plugin, see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/mul...ation-demo for an example and a description. Basically it's tagging all songs with tag like _mus_musicianPageSlug and some PHP code.

If you want to show the songs directly in a multi-level navigation (e.g. drop-down), you can use the code shown in the above example together with custom rendering, e.g. (assuming all musicians are below the parent page "musicians")
Code:
<li class="<?php echo $item->classes; ?>">
  <a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars($item->link); ?>">
    <?php echo htmlspecialchars($item->text); ?>
  </a>
  <?php if ($item->parent == "musicians") { /* add code to list all songs for this musician */ } ?>
  <?php if ($item->isOpen) { ?>
    <ul><?php $item->outputChildren(); ?></ul>
  <?php } ?>
</li>

To have better structured pages and searching capabilities, you can also use I18N Special Pages (for an example see http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/oss/jeasyorm) and I18N Search.