GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Maintenance Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/mai...-mode/838/

Plugin Description:

Our Maintenance Mode plugin allows you to easily enable or disable access to your site with a custom message of your choice. Go to Settings>Maintenance Mode after enabling the plugin to change the status of the maintenance mode and the message.

Install Instructions:

Download the file Extract the folder Upload maintenancemode.php into your /plugins folder Enable it from the admin area Go to Settings>Maintenance Mode
after you exit the control panel, the plugin must be switched off?
(2014-07-10, 16:42:34)Oleg06 Wrote: [ -> ]after you exit the control panel, the plugin must be switched off?

Hello,
Administrators will not get get the maintenance mode page as long as they are logged in. If you log out of admin area, you will then see the maintenance mode page.
Additionally, the maintenance mode plugin does not disable the admin area. It only affects the front end/client side.
I hope this clarifies your question if not please let us know.
after I went into the control panel again, I saw that checkbox disabled and the text was gone
You're right, there seems to be some problem with the file that was uploaded to Extend. We should have an updated version by the end of today, sorry about that error!
Thank you for letting us know of this problem, it has been resolved in the updated version of 1.0.1 you can now download. Please be sure to report back if you have any more issues in the future.
Thanks. Very useful plugin. Seems to be working alright now.
(2014-07-13, 14:04:33)angelsguitar Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. Very useful plugin. Seems to be working alright now.

Glad you're enjoying it; if you do find any problems please don't hesitate to let us know on this forum thread and we will fix it right away!
Hi, thanks for the plugin.

Suggestions:

1. make possible to set maintenance mode only on certain pages.
  2. Set template/theme to be active on maintenance mode.
  3. Addon: set message for 404 page
(2014-07-26, 08:29:34)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for the plugin.

Suggestions:

1. make possible to set maintenance mode only on certain pages.
  2. Set template/theme to be active on maintenance mode.
  3. Addon: set message for 404 page

Hi, first off, thank you for your suggestions, and glad you are enjoying the plugin.

1. This would be an intriguing feature - let us consider this and see if it's feasible to develop as it's not something we've ever needed, but I could see it being useful is some situations.
2. I'm not quite sure I follow you here. It is the same amount of work to go the themes page in the admin area and select a different one, than to go to settings. So unless I am misunderstanding I don't see the point of adding this.
3. I think we will release a separate plugin for this - that is a very good point, however it's outside of the realm of this Maintenance Mode plugin. Look for that in the upcoming week.

Thanks again for the feedback and using our plugin.
Michael
(2014-07-29, 12:10:48)frixelsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, first off, thank you for your suggestions, and glad you are enjoying the plugin.

1. This would be an intriguing feature - let us consider this and see if it's feasible to develop as it's not something we've ever needed, but I could see it being useful is some situations.
2. I'm not quite sure I follow you here. It is the same amount of work to go the themes page in the admin area and select a different one, than to go to settings. So unless I am misunderstanding I don't see the point of adding this.
3. I think we will release a separate plugin for this - that is a very good point, however it's outside of the realm of this Maintenance Mode plugin. Look for that in the upcoming week.

Thanks again for the feedback and using our plugin.
Michael

2. Well you can make a theme specific for maintenance mode and activate it via the plugin, but ok, I see your point. Maybe it is an idea to add some way to edit the html,css this plugin uses.

3. See http://get-simple.info/wiki/404 (just for info).

Another idea: When you set maintenance mode you sometimes forget to turn it of after changes. I know that for example Drupal shows a small warning message on the admin pages that Maintenance Mode is enabled.
You cannot really use a theme if you are doing maintenance on anything that might break said theme.
What if you are coding a component or plugins and throwing php errors for example.

Seems like it depends on what maintenance you are performing.
(2014-07-31, 23:09:23)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot really use a theme if you are doing maintenance on anything that might break said theme.
What if you are coding a component or plugins and throwing php errors for example.

Seems like it depends on what maintenance you are performing.

True, especially because on a big production site you'd hopefully have a sandbox copy somewhere else to test things on before pushing whatever changes to the live site. In this case our plugin is not helpful. But during that process it could be helpful.