GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How to create a Theme Settings page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it's me again

I'm sorry but I couldn't find this information on the wiki or on the forums, so I'm posting another question Blush

I would like to know how can I make a theme settings page, accessible from the admin panel, assuming I'm creating a new theme.

(I've thought about it before posting, I think I could do it using some kind of global custom fields, with i18N Custom Fields plugin, but I don't know if this is the right way to do it, and I don't know how to make these fields global, instead of page-related)

Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble Big Grin
you would probably have to make a custom plugin for this, It would be nice if someone had a generic theme setting config for all themes to use. I have only seen paid themes with a settings page, nothing off the top of my head you could copy.
(2014-07-12, 01:09:34)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]you would probably have to make a custom plugin for this, It would be nice if someone had a generic theme setting config for all themes to use. I have only seen paid themes with a settings page, nothing off the top of my head you could copy.

A generic plugin is now available, see here
(2014-07-12, 08:37:15)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-12, 01:09:34)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]you would probably have to make a custom plugin for this, It would be nice if someone had a generic theme setting config for all themes to use. I have only seen paid themes with a settings page, nothing off the top of my head you could copy.

A generic plugin is now available, see here

That's great, thanks!

I ended up adapting a settings file from Modern Admin theme that same day, but your plugin is very useful for the community Big Grin