GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Unable to Save edited pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've just discovered a problem in that when I edit a page and save the updates it just reverts back to the content that was there before editing.

I've updated to the newest version of Get-Simple and the only thing that isn't green on the website health check is the PHP disable_functions (I have no idea what this is or what the stuff after it means)

I'm not particularly knowledgeable in websites so would appreciate any advice as to why this is playing up.

Many thanks Smile
Well what does it say?
See wiki debugging section
Hello,

I have just discovered the same thing. I had to edit a GS website that I haven't looked at for some time and sure enough the saved page does not present to the public. Folder permissions are OK and after looking at the xml files they seem to have been updated correctly as well. I have cleared the browser cache - still no luck.

The site was on v3.1 (I will try an update to 3.2 shortly) and I have tried it with php 5.2 and 5.4.

Any help welcome,
Michael.
(2014-07-28, 18:38:50)tosd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I have just discovered the same thing. I had to edit a GS website that I haven't looked at for some time and sure enough the saved page does not present to the public. Folder permissions are OK and after looking at the xml files they seem to have been updated correctly as well. I have cleared the browser cache - still no luck.

The site was on v3.1 (I will try an update to 3.2 shortly) and I have tried it with php 5.2 and 5.4.

Any help welcome,
Michael.

Sorry - I forgot to say that there were no error messages and as with Scoodydoo, the health check is OK. But the XML files are saving correctly so there can't be too much wrong Undecided The edits just don't show to the public.

Michael.
Sounds like a page cache issue.
Or page is marked private.

I do not know of any page cache bugs in 3.1, but it could be an issue with a plugin.
try deleting the data/other/pages.xml file and it will regen
Thanks for your replies, here's the thing I was on about...

PHP disable_functions pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,

Hope it makes some sense, I don't know what it means!
probably not an issue there
Thanks for the feedback, Shaun.

In my case I have just discovered that someone had been editing since I saw the site last and had used a component where they should have used a custom field for the sidebar content.

All is good now - Michael.
I've deleted the most recently added plugins to see if that's had any effect but it hasn't, really am at a loss as to what to do.

It's all very bizarre as all was working fine a month ago and I've not changed anything since :/
its probably your permissions
Thanks, how would I go about changing these?
I have literally tried everything I can think of (which is probably not a great deal due to my limited knowledge). Does anyone have any other suggestions, I need to update the website in the next few weeks.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help Smile
You have to use your host cpanel or ssh to chown the folders to the php user or upload via cpanel or use an FTP acct that is on the same group
are you running on fastcgi ?