GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Basket/Cart plugin for GetSimple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/bas...imple/846/

Your site users can make orders!

With this plugin you will able to add functional cart to your website. It use i18n Special Page plugin to show your catalog. Plugin will work if you will add some form (read manual in plugin settings) to i18n Special Pages rendering (Search and View html code).

Plugin features:
  • Small cart - just show how many items you got and sum of order.
  • Add items with any quantity from your catalog elemets list or catalog detail page.
  • Cart page - where user can delete, or change quantity ordered items.
  • On Cart page located order form where user input his name,phone,email,message andchoose delivery and payment.
  • When order is ready - plugin sending letter to admin email with order data.
  • Also plugin have "Orders history" contain all orders. In history administrator can change order status and see all order detail.
  • Version 0.8 have AJAX support.
  • Version 1 have orders history for users
  • Version 1.1 have discounts

Supported languages: Russian, English, Deutch(partially).
Soon will be avalible: French translation. (if you can help with it - PM me please)

It's my first plugin. I hope it will help somebody.

W8 you questions here or PM. Blush

Site backup with plugin v1.1 istalled download-link ("admin","qwerty")

Here is manual how to create Catalog with i18n Special Pages and i18n Search.

Sorry for my English Sad
Russian forum thread here
Care to add a better description? What's a basket ?
(2014-08-03, 09:28:09)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Care to add a better description? What's a basket ?
That is better?
It is ;-)
Interesting plugin! it's not the must but works fine!
Hi,
Sweden calling Smile

Will test this cart thing. We have a small business and are getting tired of WP complexity. Building our own theme and adding GS newsfeed and cart function. Noting else.

Any tip before a go for adding a swedish lang?

Best regards, Michael
Does it support automatical payments? I mean, is it possible to combine Basket with PayPal to automatic payment and sending the order?
(2015-06-06, 20:13:31)Artur Wrote: [ -> ]Does it support automatical payments? I mean, is it possible to combine Basket with PayPal to automatic payment and sending the order?

there is another plugin, that works with PayPal
Hey Cupuyc1989 Smile

you have small bug in quantity logic > you're using !empty so it won't trigger on quantity = 0, but you have a condition to unset item, if there is 0, so instead of !empty you should use isset
(2015-06-12, 08:53:47)morvy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Cupuyc1989 Smile

you have small bug in quantity logic > you're using !empty so it won't trigger on quantity = 0, but you have a condition to unset item, if there is 0, so instead of !empty you should use isset

Quote:The following things are considered to be empty:

"" (an empty string)
0 (0 as an integer)
0.0 (0 as a float)
"0" (0 as a string)
NULL
FALSE
array() (an empty array)
$var; (a variable declared, but without a value)

See under "Return Values" section http://php.net/manual/en/function.empty.php ;-)
This cart system is good for making E Commerce websites easily, but can any body also provide an advanced cart system plugin ?
Hello, Cupuyc1989

Nice work, but not quite finished yet, I think.

You are showing the small basket by a 'index-posttemplate'-hook. At the point in time when this gets called, the complete html has already been rendered and your basket sits beyond the closing "</html>". If browsers weren't so very lenient with bad html, it would not get shown. A better way to do this would be a content-filter. So line 120 of basket-plugin
should read:

PHP Code:
add_filter('content','basket_small_show'); 

instead of:

PHP Code:
add_action('index-posttemplate','basket_small_show'); 

and the function basket_small_show should look more or less like this:

PHP Code:
function basket_small_show($content) {

global $basket_settings

global $MESS;

$new='<div id="basket" style="'.$basket_settings['BASKET_STYLES'].'">';

// if cart has items

if (!empty($_SESSION['BASKET']['ITEMS'])) {

// show it to user

$new.='<a href="?basket=Y" title="'.$MESS['cart_small_link_title'].'">'.$MESS['cart_small_cart_items_message'].' - '.count($_SESSION['BASKET']['ITEMS']).' '.$MESS['cart_small_cart_items_message_count'].' '.$MESS['cart_small_cart_items_sum'].' '.$_SESSION['BASKET']['SUM'].' '.$basket_settings['CURRENCY'].'</a>';

}

// or show "empty" message

else 

$new.=$MESS['cart_small_empty_basket_message'];

}

if ($basket_settings['SHOW_HISTORY_TO_USER'] == 'Y') {

$new.='<br><center><a href="?history=Y" title="'.$MESS['show_history_link_text'].'">'.$MESS['show_history_link_text'].'</a></center>';

}

$new.='</div>';

// echo $content;

return $content.$new;

Also, the plugin writes it's configuration and data into files and directories in 'plugins/basket_plugin/'. That location is not necessarily writeable (at least, the way I set GetSimple up for local development it wasn't) and fails without giving notice. A subdirectory of 'data/other/' would be a better choice, especially since there's already a constant GSDATAOTHER defined in admin/inc/common.php for exactly this purpose.

Another inconsistency is the encoding of the mail: you're giving a content-type of "text/html charset=utf8" and then encoding the message in KOI8 ... shouldn't that be Unicode, too ?

And then there's all the inline styles in the html-output. A couple of css-classes would probably shorten the html and make theming of the cart possible, especially if it was set up as a separate .css-file.

Please see my comments as constructive criticism and not as malicious nit-picking.

H.
The plugin stopped working on php 7.
The price and product images do not go into the basket. Also, the captcha image does not show.
Straight trash. Unles you have ESP and can read the developers mind, you're not going to get this crap to do ANYTHING but act like you have a cart. It's complete garbage. Worse than Dominion Cart. At least theirs let's you add items. 

Duh! That's kinda important when you're using cart software. Here's a tip, perhaps write some instructions since the development lacks anything at all to get you going.

So disappointed, thought there was a cart program that worked for CMS, off to Cube cart I go.

Thanks to THIS plugin, I am leaving CMS, it's THAT bad.
[quote pid='46896' dateline='1407006381']
Here is manual how to create Catalog with i18n Special Pages and i18n Search.

oh hell naw bro, If I gotta cponfigure 15 plugins, write code, and junp all over the site, it's not practical. That's nonsense when there's solutions out there that have the work already done so you can just install and begin setting things up. This is just a clusterphuck of a plugin. STOP, START OVER, this time don't cut corners. Just commit to it, THEN TEST TEST TEST TEST. And when you're done testing, have other TEST TEST TEST, never EVER release a 2.0 or less build because you never EVER get it right until 3.0

[/quote]