GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: get_component and getPageContent issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://s511242675.onlinehome.us/

I am using the following code to pull in content in my home page template but nothing is being written to the div and therefore there is nothing showing for these

<div class="intro">
<?php get_component('intro'); ?>
</div>

<div class="col1">
<?php get_component('col1Home'); ?>
</div>
<div class="col2">
<?php get_component('col2Home'); ?>
</div>
<div class="col3">
<?php get_component('col3Home'); ?>
</div>

I have created components and the code looks the same as the intro component which is appearing.

I would prefer to use <?php getPageContent('col1Home'); ?> and have the client able to use the WYSIWYG editor and page tree to manage the information rather than editing components. I have done that successfully before, but no luck with this site so I tried the component method which is showing on the site for other components but not the new ones I have created.

If anyone can see my error I would appreciate it. Or suggest other places to look for solutions. I reviewed the instructions in the Wiki, and I do have two sites currently using two different methods to display multipage content within the home page which are operational. I have tried both of those methods with no luck so I may be missing something obvious.

Thank you for any help.
The parameter in get_component or getPageContent must be lowercase ('col1home', not 'col1Home')
(2014-08-13, 17:32:17)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]The parameter in get_component or getPageContent must be lowercase ('col1home', not 'col1Home')

Thank you. Works now!!