GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: PureBootstrap Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PureBootstrap Theme
Version 1.0.0

A simple and highly customizable theme built purely on the wonderful Bootstrap framework. This theme will allow you to create many great looking websites.

PureBootstrap features 5 basic templates for you to build on:
  • Default - Includes fixed width body with page title and breadcrumbs bar.
  • blank - A completely blank template so that you can create your own full width content.
  • blog - Designed especially for Blogs, it includes a sidebar with search, categories and archive.
  • sidebar-l - Similar to 'Default', but has a sidebar on the left. Sidebar content can be edited in sidebar.inc.php
  • sidebar-r - Same as 'sidebar-l', but with the sidebar on the opposing side.

This theme also has its own custom function to give it support for a number of plugins, including:
  • Custom Title
  • i18n Navigation
  • SimpleBreadcrumbs v1.0+
  • GetSimple Blog v1.4 & v3.x
  • GetSimple Blog 4.0+ (Yet to be released)

More information about this plugin, including what the future holds for it, the changelog , plus the main documentation can be found on my website. Just follow the links at the top of this post!

Use this forum for BUGS, FEATURE REQUESTS and SUPPORT
(2014-09-02, 23:26:04)johnstray2001 Wrote: [ -> ]...... This theme also has its own custom function to give it support for a number of plugins, including:
  • i18n Navigation

Use this forum for BUGS, FEATURE REQUESTS and SUPPORT

Here is the first FEATURE REQUEST
The theme only support 2 levels of i18n Navigation (main+subs) , please add one more level
I didn't see it documented anywhere, but you need to have the basic I18N plugin installed and activated in order for the breadcrumbs (and the rest of the theme after the breadcrumbs) to work correctly.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/
Breadcrumbs etc will work without the i18n plugin installed, however it works best with it installed.

For menus to support multiple levels of navigation, a recursive foreach loop would need to be written. If you come up with some working code that output bootstrap formatted menus, the please feel free to post it here.
(2014-09-30, 12:32:54)johnstray2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Breadcrumbs etc will work without the i18n plugin installed, however it works best with it installed.

For menus to support multiple levels of navigation, a recursive foreach loop would need to be written. If you come up with some working code that output bootstrap formatted menus, the please feel free to post it here.

I installed this theme with a clean install of GS 3.3.3. The theme installed and switched from Innovation just fine, but on the front end, nothing past:
PHP Code:
<?php bootstrap_get_breadcrumbs(); ?>
in any of the template files loaded. In addition, the the GSdebugger said the problem was in functions.php -> bootstrap_get_breadcrumbs, as it was trying to call:
PHP Code:
get_i18n_breadcrumbs 

Initially, I didn't look into it much further. I was going to use I18N plugins anyway so I just installed them and this issue went away. However, I just looked at the function in functions.php and noticed this:
PHP Code:
elseif ( !function_exists'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' ) ) 

It appears as though:
Code:
!function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' )
is a typo and should be:
Code:
function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' )

Am I wrong?
I think you might be onto something there.

For the proper multi-level breadcrumbs to work to an indefinite level, I strongly recommend that you install both the i18n_navigation plugin, plus my SimpleBreadcrumbs plugin which is a much more extended version of this function that works flawlessly when combined with i18n-navigation.
You can find the plugin here: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/sim...rumbs/823/
(2014-09-30, 12:43:08)totbar Wrote: [ -> ]However, I just looked at the function in functions.php and noticed this:
PHP Code:
elseif ( !function_exists'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' ) ) 

It appears as though:
Code:
!function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' )
is a typo and should be:
Code:
function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' )

Am I wrong?

I also found this typo. You are not wrong, you are right. johnstray2001 who made this beautiful theme probably just does not test this (without the plugin) after his last modifications.

johnstray2001 could you please fix this for your future users ?
I installed get simple 3.3.4 - clean install.
I installed this theme.

I don't see the main body content displayed on the page.

I don't see the menu items in small screen mode.

Can you help me?

=

[attachment=482]

=

A screen shot of the empty menu follows:

[attachment=483]

=
(2014-11-22, 02:45:55)dgleba Wrote: [ -> ]I installed get simple 3.3.4 - clean install.
I installed this theme.

I don't see the main body content displayed on the page.

I don't see the menu items in small screen mode.

Can you help me?

=

=

A screen shot of the empty menu follows:

=

There is a typo in this theme and its easy to fix. In functions.php find the line that says:
Code:
elseif ( !function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' ) )

The typo is the ! (the exclamation point). Change it to (remove the exclamation point):
Code:
elseif ( function_exists( 'get_i18n_breadcrumbs' ) )
Hello!

I tried the PureBootstrap-Theme and it looks really nice, however I would like to change a few things. Can you help me?

- the navigation should expand already when the mouse is hovering over the elements (additionally I would like to get rid of the "doubled" parent-item).

- Could you tell me where to change the way the elements behave when shrinking the browser window to a certain size? I would love to change the positions of the two columns or to make one of them collapse like a menu, that has to be clicked in mobile view in order to be expanded.

I would very much appreciate an answer of you, thank you in advance!
Hi,

Great theme!

Is it posible to transform the menu into a vertical menu on the left?
Great theme!

I am back from a long interval.

<p class="text-info">Published on &nbsp;<span><?php get_page_date('F jS, Y'); ?></span></p>

I added this to the template.php

http://npostudycan.php.xdomain.jp/

I added one line so this theme is mine! ahaha are you ok?