GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Tree menu function in hierarchical view not working since recent upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem with the tree view function of hierarchical menus on the Page Management page?

I am no longer able to open a set of grouped pages (e.g. parent and children) after the update I did for the i18n set of plugins. The little link at the font of the set of pages will not open when clicked.

That's really a problem as that view is the best way to manage the site. View all pages will allow me to see pages but not grouped by parent.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sherri[attachment=485]
Means you have a js error check your console.
It appears I am calling two versions of jQuery for some reason.

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js?v=1.7.1"></script>
<script>window.jQuery || document.write('<!-- CDN FALLING BACK --><script src="//pweaveanea.org/admin/template/js/jquery.min.js?v=1.7.1"><\/script>');</script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.17/jquery-ui.min.js?v=1.8.17"></script>
<script>window.jQuery.ui || document.write('<!-- CDN FALLING BACK --><script src="//pweaveanea.org/admin/template/js/jquery-ui.min.js?v=1.8.17"><\/script>');</script>
<script src="//pweaveanea.org/admin/template/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js?v=2.0.4"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="template/js/jquery.getsimple.js?v=3.3.4"></script>
I am not a programmer so I don't really know how to use the console. I do see a number of errors and warnings but I don't know how to determine what I need to do.

I don't normally ever change any admin templates or files. Only front end files. I'm assuming I've made some error when updating the plugins or site version.
Ok. Works now. I uploaded 3.3.3 and overwrote my recent update. The 3.3.4 update broke my hierarchical menus in the admin.

I'll have to check my other sites and see if I have any that are working and updated to 3.3.4.
(2014-11-23, 08:48:20)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Means you have a js error check your console.

Thanks!
Thats normal jquery and jqueryui

click the little arrows to expand and post the error and file and line numbers
I upload and overwrote my 3.3.4 files with the 3.3.3 and the nav works now. So something with that update hosed my ability to toggle open a group of page in the admin.

It's currently working again now that I have gone backwards in effect.
Well it can't be fixed if it can't be reproduced.
If you get that error let us know, or post your plugins or something so it can be fixed if it's a actual bug.
(2014-11-23, 12:58:55)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Well it can't be fixed if it can't be reproduced.
If you get that error let us know, or post your plugins or something so it can be fixed if it's a actual bug.

Ok. I spent a lot of time searching to see if anyone else had a similar issue when upgrading but didn't find any posts. I may try upgrading my test site to see if I get the same issue. It's difficult to have the problem on a live client site. A test site would be okay though to troubleshoot.

Thanks for your help!! I appreciate it.
no problem just let me know, its definitely new, as in unheard of before, and i cannot think of anything in 3.3.4 that changed that could cause it.
I have a site upgraded to 3.3.4 that is working properly so now I'm thinking that a plug in may have been causing a conflict. The two sites do not have all the same plug ins.

When I have time I could try disabling plug ins to see if I can pin it down.
Just check your js console, there error will be right there in fairly plain english