GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: RewriteBase question in .htaccess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a generic RewriteBase question that I hope somebody can help me with.

I have a standard install of GS and I have also just installed a shopping cart (CS CART) that I want to operate concurrently with the main website. (Ie a link will exist from the main site to the store script.

Main website (using XAMPP): localhost/xyzfolder/
CS Cart install location: localhost/xyzfolder/store/

The CS Cart script does not work because everytime I click on a product it gets redirected to the home page of the main website.

when I change the RewriteBase statement in the main website folder (not the store subfolder) to;

RewriteBase /xyzfolder/store/ (from RewiteBase /xyzfolder/)

The CS Cart works OK and products can be viewed but of course this breaks the main GS website.

I just want to use the main website normally and use a link to access the ON-LINE Store.

Can anybody help with some advice on what to put in the .htaccess file so both can work OK.

As mentioned I believe this is just a generic .htaccess coding issue but I'm a bit lost when it comes to .htaccess statement.

Thanks in advance.
GS and the cart should be next to each other.

/GS
/cart

or you need to fix the cart rewrites to goto the subdirectory.
Thankyou Shawn.

Your response has pushed me in the right direction and the issue is now resolved by modifying the carts .htaccess

RewriteBase /xyzfolder/store/

Pretty straightforward really when you think about it Smile