GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Category getsimple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm french so I apologyze for my english. I just discovered getsimple CMS which seems to be very fast. So i'd like to migrate my wordpress to getsimple. But I don't know how to create category and if there is a plugin wich can display related post like wordpress. You know what I mean ?

For example I see on this getsimple website, there is all the post from the catgory.

Hope You understand me. Thanks
GetSimple doesn't use posts by default. Posts are used in blogs. If you want a blog with sorted posts, you can use one of the blogging-plugins for that.

See here for some examples of blogging plugins.

If you just want to organize pages, I18N search might be the best option.
Can you explain what the nature of the site is? If your plan is to blog I'm not sure there is anything better than Wordpress. The only issue is that with a lot of plugins WP can be resource intensive and sometimes it's heavy for simple sites. Hence why I like and have started using Get Simple.

Get Simple does have a blogging plugin that is actively maintained. It has all the features you need for blogging.

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gs-blog-v30/810/
There is also newsmanager plugin,
or you can roll your own solution using components and tags or some other plugin like custom fields or special pages.
or you can use hierarchy as categories.