GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: True / inline WYSIWYG plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

I've only just found this great cms and I am wanting an inline WYSIWYG editor.

I've searched all afternoon and it seems people have been asking for this for sometime (well over 2 years ago) but I can't find anything on it and I wondered if there was anything out there that someone had made.

If not then why?

I've come across Aloha Editor and Hallo Editor to name a couple that seem like that they would do the job, I would just need help implementing them.

Thanks
3.4 will have modern ckeditor which has inline editing built in.
The problem becomes how do you handle front end editing, with filters and stuff, do we swap the content out when you click on the div and replace it with the raw content with no filters etc.

A plugin needs to swap the content when clicked with raw gs content probably via ajax fetch.
save changes and re save to server, and refresh the live section all very seamlessly.
Personally

All I would like in a wysiwyg editor is to be able to change the text, no style changes nothing.

This way I can hand over the site to the client, if they then want to change the text then they can, if they want to change the way it looks etc then I can take over and style in the back end.

I'll take a look at that plugin now.

Thanks
That has no affect on what I posted, issues still remain.