GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GSCkePatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER NEEDED. THE LATEST VERSIONS OF GS INCLUDES CKEDITOR 3.4!

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsckepatch/899/

cke_patch in a plugin, but only affects edit.php
So what is the difference in the experience in comparison with the cke_patch?
in GSCkePatch.php:
PHP Code:
function init_GSCkePatch($pluginid){

$thisfile basename(__FILE__".php");    // Plugin File

$name     $pluginid;

$version  "0.2";

$author   "getsimple";

$url      "http://getsimple-cms.info";

$desc     "Overrides ckeditor 3.x with 4.4.6";

$type     "";

$func     ""

$url should be "http://get-simple.info"; right? Don't know if this is important.
Can this also be used as a base for a plugin for including a different editor?
heh oops, thats what happens when you throw a plugin together in 5 minutes.

no this cannot be used for much else, its better to toggle htmleditor off then inject your own editor js
Here is a working plugin to replace the editor for post-content

https://gist.github.com/tablatronix/ef96...adaae3f3e4
It sticks a markdown editor in there
( of course this is only half, you need another plugin or to add a content filter to format the markdown on the front end )

[Image: hCssU.jpg]
Hey thanks, didn't know this lovely editor yet.

Can this be combined with the Markdown Markup plugin? That plugin does the formatting without an editor.
I just installed it and yes it works well togather, you just need to check the syntax of them both to make sure of whats supported in both.
awesome!

Tested. It's actually not necessary to toggle htmleditor off to make this work.

All button functions are supported by output. Would be nice if the add image button activates the image browser..
The plugin turns it off, not you.
Its a kludge, there is no way to stop the ckeditor code from executing, so the plugin disables the editor before so that it doesn't insert the cke code, then we insert our own js to bind to post-content

The alternative is to destroy ckeditor after it initializes, but thats silly since it will still load and be slow and flash for a second.

This will be better in 3.4 and allow removing ckeditor entirely and injecting your own editors for all instances.
(2015-01-13, 04:56:07)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]This will be better in 3.4 and allow removing ckeditor entirely and injecting your own editors for all instances.

Good news!

Also works correctly with GSCkeRelativeUrls plugin.
I updated the this plugin to cke v4.4.7
Also included "Codemirror" as the source editor and added a "Youtube" plugin and changed config to support other langs.

Wasnt sure where I should post this and is too big to attach here Confused
(2015-02-27, 02:47:39)islander Wrote: [ -> ]I updated the this plugin to cke v4.4.7
Also included "Codemirror" as the source editor and added a "Youtube" plugin and changed config to support other langs.

Wasnt sure where I should post this and is too big to attach here Confused
You can download it from here for the next few days.

Why not put it on Github, or something?
(2015-02-27, 04:10:15)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]Why not put it on Github, or something?

Version 0.4 of the this plugin has now been added to Github

Updated CKE to v4.4.7. Also included "Codemirror" as the source editor and added a "Youtube" plugin and changed config to support other langs.
Hello,

Just had an issue with this plugin. One of my customers really wants to use IE11 for editing so I installed it and seems OK from but I also have the i18n photo gallery plugin and it seems to break that display. It just displays the (% gallery name=gallery %) text instead of the images.

I've had this issue before and the solution is just to re-upload the data/other/plugins.xml file. The issue is every time I login as ADMIN the gallery breaks and I upload the plugins.xml file again and it works until I login again.

I deactivated your plugin and the same problem occurs and then I removed it completely and the problem was gone.

I don't know if there is a fix but thought I'd let you know.
updated official

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/gsckepatch/899/

cke 4.4.7
fixed codemirror
(2015-05-03, 11:53:40)stryker Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Just had an issue with this plugin. One of my customers really wants to use IE11 for editing so I installed it and seems OK from but I also have the i18n photo gallery plugin and it seems to break that display. It just displays the (% gallery name=gallery %) text instead of the images.

I've had this issue before and the solution is just to re-upload the data/other/plugins.xml file. The issue is every time I login as ADMIN the gallery breaks and I upload the plugins.xml file again and it works until I login again.

I deactivated your plugin and the same problem occurs and then I removed it completely and the problem was gone.

I don't know if there is a fix but thought I'd let you know.

I doubt this has anything to do with your symptoms, this plugin has nothing to do with that plugin, or even uses any of the same hooks. Sounds like you have some other problem, since you talk about deleting plugin files which makes no sense. Works fine for me.
Hey shawn! I noticed some misbehavior on IE11 when editing links today. Then I found the pinned topic about cke. Thanks for that! But just a short question, why isn't the newer version of cke installed by default in get-simple?
Because it can break some plugins.

3.3.7 might have a new ckeditor, with some kind of legacy switch

3.4 is not ready yet unfortunately.
Oh alright then! I switched to CKE 4.4.7 and everything looks fine. It seems that no plugin was affected. *phew*
Yeah I do not have any numbers on the number of people using the patched versions, but no fatal complaints yet, so it should be pretty harmless.
Very cool plugin! Glad this is here Smile

I have a question. I'm trying to utilize the codemirror plugin here to change the source view to Monokai. I have inputted this into the config.js file located in the plugin folder (not the admin).

This doesn't change anything. Any ideas of where I could use the monokai theme from the codemirror plugin?

I even tried changing the theme in the plugins.js file too. Nothing.

Code:
config.extraPlugins = 'codemirror';

config.codemirror = {
        theme: 'monokai'
    };
config.codemirror = {
theme: 'monokai',
};

works, but you will have to manually include the monokai style, it is not lazy loaded.
(2015-07-22, 06:24:31)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Because it can break some plugins.

Curious, which plugins?
No clue probably any that do special things with cke, add plugins etc.
Pages: 1 2