GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: FrixelOne issue with mobile in portrait
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using FrixelOne. I have setup a header (at the top of the normal page template) with a Paypal Donate button on the left and a Google ad on the right. It looks good on the PC and on the phone in Landscape mode (there is a hint of a problem, but that would be OK), but in portrait mode it looks really weird and the page is just hard to read.

[Image: FrixelOne_Landscape_(Mobile).png]

[Image: FrixelOne_Portrait_(Mobile).png]

The two ads are too wide for the screen,which resizes everything to make them fit, but it resizes the data part of the template more than the pictures.

Here are direct links to the full size pictures, it may be easier to see because of the white background:

http://www.ko4bb.com/gs/FrixelOne_Landscape.png

http://www.ko4bb.com/gs/FrixelOne_Portrait.png

You can also follow the link in the second picture to see on your own device.

Thanks in advance,

Didier
Hi, I'm unable to replicated the issue on my HTC One M7 using Chrome. In landscape everything is perfect. In portrait the ad does break the container but removing the ad should fix that. I believe Google offers mobile ads, but don't quote me on that Smile I don't use AdSense.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Of course, removing the ad would fix it, but it's like throwing the baby with the bath water Smile Also any picture in the body of the page does the same thing, it's not just the ad. Look at the Home page in portrait on your phone. I do not want to remove all the pictures.... I was wondering what could cause the browser to properly scale the ad across the width of the page but not the body of the page.
I remember seeing some javascript code sample that can resize pictures on the fly, taking into account when the phone is rotated, but I have lost track of it.

By the way, this was on a Motorola Droid HD with Android 4.4 and the Chrome Beta browser. I looked with other browsers and it's interesting. Both the Dolphin browser and the regular Chrome on the same phone look better. The pictures spill off the screen (they are too wide, so it is not surprising, even though I would have expected them to be scaled by the browser to fit) but the body of the page is properly scaled to full width, so while you cannot see the entire pictures without scrolling, the text is more readable.
So it seems it's mainly a browser rendering issue. It would be nice if there were a way to tell the browser to render the picture to not more than full width without automatically scaling back the actual body text width.

So I have another question Smile
If you look at my page (on a computer, not the phone), you can see that when the mouse cursor hovers above the KO4BB logo, the underline is blue, instead of being the color of the font.
Is there a way to make the underline the same color as the font?
Hi - do you still need assistance on this issue?
(2015-08-26, 10:41:34)frixelsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - do you still need assistance on this issue?

I suppose so, to the extent that I have not been able to make progress beyond the original posting and nobody has offered a solution yet. I have lived with it and I am used to it, but the problem is still there.
Is it something that is a major problem that should be fixed right away? Probably not, I understand the state of web rendering is in a permanent state of flux and the page is usable, so for my site that is OK, not optimum but acceptable.
I like the look of this theme otherwise.
However, if you have an idea of what may be causing this problem or how to fix it, I would be interested of course Smile

Didier
(2015-08-26, 13:10:10)Didier9 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-26, 10:41:34)frixelsolutions Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - do you still need assistance on this issue?

I suppose so, to the extent that I have not been able to make progress beyond the original posting and nobody has offered a solution yet. I have lived with it and I am used to it, but the problem is still there.
Is it something that is a major problem that should be fixed right away? Probably not, I understand the state of web rendering is in a permanent state of flux and the page is usable, so for my site that is OK, not optimum but acceptable.
I like the look of this theme otherwise.
However, if you have an idea of what may be causing this problem or how to fix it, I would be interested of course Smile

Didier

Yeah I definitely apologize for the delay in response. Can you please PM me a link to the live site so I can play with the code in my browser. I think I have a solution for you. If I don't reply tonight I'll probably get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
Michael