GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: unable to edit pages in WYSWYG after editing manually
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Just getting myself introduced to Simple, it's absolutely awesome.

Anyways, I've got this really simple website up on OpenShift, and I've been poking around the Theme files (I started with GetPro), fiddled with index.html and style.css to my liking by downloading the two and using Sublime and a local copy of the site.

Now, as far as I can gather, the problem described in the topic headline started when I pasted my modified files into the respective admin panels, rewriting the default files. Everything works good, except the fact that I seem to only be able to make further edits by continuing to use the "pedestrian" way of coding the stuff myself. Whatever changes I make using admin panel tools simply do not show. Writing, editing, even creating whole pages. The changes are visible and supposedly alright in the admin panel, yet nothing of the sort is shown on the website.

What have I messed up? Is it the permissions? Have I broken the php code somehow? What details do you need me to post in order to receive help?

version: 3.3.4
theme: GetPro
plugins: none
platform: OpenShift
editing done through: admin panel
address: http://dentist-milosa.rhcloud.com

My last resort is to backup the files and do a clean install, which I might just do anyway...

On an unrelated note, does anyone know why would a git push to update the server contents, such as to add a new theme, cause the entire install to effectively blow up and start from scratch?

Thank you to anyone reading through this mess!

----EDIT----
That's settled then. Changing the theme brought back my ability to edit stuff successfully from the wyswyg editor. So I've borked the theme by being a sloppy piglet. Beware future-people! Mind your copy-pasting!

I'd really like some input on the GIT push thing, though...
The only way install starts over is if you remove the website.xml file
And also reads the 3 install scripts
Ok, so basically what you're saying is that, for whatever reason, I'm not doing the push correctly. This seems obvious, as it rewrites the whole thing in such a way that the previous installation is gone forever with every and any push. Even if I only upload a .jpeg, and seem to do only what I've already learned how to do by using GitHub... I've been following the OpenShift instructions for enabling ssh access and then using GitGUI for this supposedly simple task.

Oh, never mind. I'd really like to be able to understand what the deal is, but this might not be the best place to go about doing that, since it's probably not a CMS problem, after all... Thanks anyway!
Depends on what you are using, maybe there is a flag that is wiping in the push. Not sure exactly what you are using or doing though