GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Add page broken in 3.3.5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I create a bare-bones site by copying GetSimpleCMS-3.3.5 to my /Library/WebServer/Documents, then go through setup, change password from the default, enable fancy URLs, then add a page and add it to the menu. Reload the site (localhost/GetSimpleCMS-3.3.5), the new page is in the menu, click on it and get 404.

Tried it in 3.3.4, worked fine.

Anyone?
In admin section Settings under Website URL: (top right), there might be a sugestion under it. change the url into that sugested url. I'm not sure but it might be the reason.
Does it work with fancy urls off?
(2015-02-18, 01:13:51)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Does it work with fancy urls off?

I am having the same issue and it has been fixed by turning off fancy urls. This did not fix pages already created, but fixed for all new pages.
That doesn't really make any sense
Can you give any more info about your install? Symblink?
Health check say anything ?

Default rewrite?

Debug mode on ?
You just get a 404?

Any plugins ?

Do you get a gs 404 or a host 404?

Did you check your menu links and see what is different?
(2015-02-27, 06:42:12)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give any more info about your install? Symblink?
Health check say anything ?

Default rewrite?

Debug mode on ?
You just get a 404?

Any plugins ?

Do you get a gs 404 or a host 404?

Did you check your menu links and see what is different?

Healthcheck was green ok on everything.
This was on fresh install before any plugins installed.
The links went from ip/testcms/index/page or ip/testcms/page (with index as parent and then with no parent) to ip/testcms/index.php?is=page after fancy urls was turned off.
The 404 is a host 404, I turned the fancy urls back on and the existing pages created without it enabled broke. They work again when I turn fancy urls back off.
Are you sure your rewrite has the correct base in htaccess? It sounds like your rewrites are just broken.
Can you check your host log and see what it says path not found etc.
(2015-02-27, 09:00:38)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure your rewrite has the correct base in htaccess? It sounds like your rewrites are just broken.
Can you check your host log and see what it says path not found etc.

My error log is full of permission denied messages. The htaccess file created in my directory for GS is below:
Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine on

# Usually RewriteBase is just '/', but
        # replace it with your subdirectory path
        RewriteBase /testcms/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

Ensured mod rewrite is enabled and all marked as ok in Healthcheck, except for the upgrade check, I installed 3.3.5 and it says 3.3.5 Upgrade Check Failed.
i wonder if your page cache is not loading, debug mode on? Checked error log in data other logs!
(2015-02-27, 09:38:26)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]i wonder if your page cache is not loading, debug mode on? Checked error log in data other logs!

I enabled debug mode, verified it was on with the message in the admin section, played around with fancy urls with the same reuslts, on pages showing debug console it was blank, no files in data/other/logs/
I think you have permissions errors or owner problems, if you say some pages work and some do not, then there must be a permissions or owner difference between the two.

Either permissions are insufficient, or owner is not in group or safe mode is on.
I doubt this is an issue with 3.3.5

Problem is you say fancy urls off works, which is rather odd, and contradicts the "some work some dont behavior"
I got a minute or two, give me access and ill check it for you if its accessible.
PM me if you want
I am going to so a quick install into a publicly accessible space and grant access, will PM details.

When I enable fancy urls, only the home page and admin area works, any other pages stop working.
did you create those other pages, or copy them in ?
i doubt you will have the same issues on another host
I had the smae issue on another server, both Ubuntu...I just followed the solution for a similar issue in this thread ... http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...5#pid49955 aaaand it's all working with fancy urls now. Seems to be an Ubuntu specific setting in apache2.conf

I have no idea why some things were working, but accessing pages outside of the default home with fancy urls was not before, but it is working now.